Moved from BST for Clarification. -Two C&E creams - postage only

I've shifted the above posts in order to clarify. The following may be subject to change by Admin.

There is nothing to stop a new (-ish) member, who does not yet have BST privileges, from sending a PM to a seller offering to buy. If the seller is willing to deal, then the item may be sold without a BST 'PM Sent' notification.

The only thing that can be done is to ask sellers who receive such an offer to put a 'PM Received' post in the thread. This does not, however, have the status of a rule and I'm certainly not going to try to 'police' it.

This should be a relatively rare event I hope.

@globalm i see your point here and fully understand but i am sorry to say that this happened twice on certain sale postings. This one and an SE sale. Coincidence? Could be ... I am not going to argue about it. Just hope you get my point.

Have a nice day

Last edited by a moderator:
As this is directed at me I'll respond. I've been active on this forum for several years and gave bought & sold many items. I will declare an ignorance of the PM sent thread post. I see it of course and I have done it myself, but only because I believed it was a method of bringing a PM to the attention of the seller.
It is, I suspect, a rule more honored in the breach than the observance. I'm sure there are multiple examples of sales that complete without a single thread PM Sent message.
I apologise if anyone is angered or disappointed but I stuck to the method I have always followed. First PM gets first refusal.
In closing I will add that no-one has ever pulled me up previously on my selling procedure.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

As this is directed at me I'll respond. I've been active on this forum for several years and gave bought & sold many items. I will declare an ignorance of the PM sent thread post. I see it of course and I have done it myself, but only because I believed it was a method of bringing a PM to the attention of the seller.
It is, I suspect, a rule more honored in the breach than the observance. I'm sure there are multiple examples of sales that complete without a single thread PM Sent message.
I apologise if anyone is angered or disappointed but I stuck to the method I have always followed. First PM gets first refusal.
In closing I will add that no-one has ever pulled me up previously on my selling procedure.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
No aspersions on your observance of BST rules is intended. There is NO cause for complaint here. The purpose of this thread is only to aid understanding of the little issues which can arise. We value your participation, just as buyers value your sales items.

There are indeed many threads which end without PMs being sent. My interest is only in insuring that the rules are observed where ever possible.

Thanks.

Maybe someone else managed to pm him before you did...

It was me who PM'd first,
Unfortunately after I did that, I tried to post on the thread, but found that I didn't have the privileges in order to post, looking into it, it seems that I have not been around long enough or posted enough,

I apologise if it confused anyone, it was not meant to.

Back
Top Bottom