Morrisons stopgap blades - any good?

Royal Fail seem to have mislaid my Feathers which I had ordered. Dan from the Shaving Shack has kindly offered to send me some more.

In the meantime I am down to my very last Crystal Super Platinum. I popped into Morrisons to buy some blades to tide me over till my Feathers arrive. I had only 2 choices - Wilkinson sword classic (which I know I don't like) or these:

DSCF5178.jpg

They say made in Israel on the back. They were £1.99 for 10. There seems to be several "Personna" brand blades out there and none of the reviews I read had packaging that looks like this. So the question is: what have I bought and are they any good?

They are the same as the Shaving Shack 'Israeli Blades'. While not as good as the Red Personnas I find them perfectly acceptable, if short lived. By the way, I recently retried a pack of Wilkinsons after several months and really liked them ! I found them sharp enough and really smooth, if I could get them here I would definitely put them in my rotation. Sorry, still trying to kick the Bombs & Bullets habit :oops: .

Yup, Israel Personnas. Also in Tesco and Boots, iirc. Not the sharpest - I can't use them, but plenty of people do.

Ian

Used them for the first time a couple of nights ago and wasn't that impressed, not sharp enough, too much pull and bounce on them. Pretty cheap blades too, as evidenced by the fact that I got 30 of the blades free when I placed an order with shaving-shack, it'll take a while before they go into rotation again.

I used them when i first started, came with my Boots razor. They werent too bad and gave me decent enough shaves. If i needed some blades to tide me over till i get my choice of blade back id use these.
But then i havent used them for a while and things might have changed..........

Back
Top Bottom