Morrison's Glycerine Bath Soaps

Don't know if you gents have tried these but out of curiousity I have and can tell you that they lather beautifully and cost only 79p each, there are 3 fragrances mandarin and lime, pink grapefruit, apple and pear, I found the lather to be very thick and slick and moisturing, well worth a try best standard bath glycerine soap from any of the supermarkets. enjoy ;)

Thanks for the heads-up on this. Could this be an even better value soap than Palmolive? Just don't expect a certain Hunnymonster to try these out though, as it seems he regards Morrisons as the :twisted: of all supermarkets!

Let's have a soap sticky!

What you guys think?

It could have:

- a general soap FAQ - ingredients, manufacturing process, what all those ingredients are/mean. What to look for/avoid in the ingredients.
- what ingredients/characteristics of a soap make it a shave soap as opposed to a bath or shower soap
- some good UK-based hand made soap makers
- a compendium of commercial soaps available in chemists here in the UK (i.e. Imperial Leather, Pears, etc)
- separate bath soap reviews (as opposed to shave soaps)

I've just started using some of the Body Shop bath soaps. They're lovely!

John

Good idea John I was thinking along the same lines.It might be worth asking Soapalchemist to do us a little run down on what to avoid.

Hi all,
I just caught up with this thread. My own view is that most soaps on the high street contain a lot of unnecessary c**p. Much of this synthetic stuff can cause irritation including aggravating eczema in some individuals. Also, whilst it may be passed as safe to use, I can't imagine that it is possible to do tests that show the effect of combining the millions of chemicals in our food, air and skin care products. It's not like any of us are living like cave dwellers and that the only pollutant we are putting in our bodies are the chemicals in some soaps.
I'm not expreme in my views, but where there doesn't seem to be any good reason to add chemicals, then why do it? I can only go on the opinions of others as regards my shaving soaps, and so far feedback has been very good. As regards ordinary bathing soaps, I find that it is perfectly possible to make a hard long lasting bar that cleans and bubbles with the best of them, and is generally less drying.
As regards what makes a shaving soap specifically a shaving soap, I think that's an open question, as the very subject matter of this thread shows. I aim for as rich a lather as possible, and add silk (apart from vegan version) and Bentonite clay for extra slip.
As regards what ingredients mean and what they do to, or for you, this is a useful link <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/index.php?nothanks=1">http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/index.php?nothanks=1</a><!-- m -->
I expect Henk may have more to say on the subject.

Back
Top Bottom