Moroccan Neroli Shaving Oil

Has anyone else tried this--the version I have is made by Aesop and costs about £17 for 15ml.
I don't THINK it makes much difference to the shaving experience when used as a base for soap and brush,but I've only recently started using DE razors.
I've used Somerset's shaving oil (also as a base) in the past which seemed OK but are they all rather superfluous?
Views anyone?

I think you will find the consensus here is to be sceptical about the value of pre shave oils. You are the only judge of the benefit to you. You may have a particular type of beard or skin for which an oil may make a difference. I have tried home made brews of castor/olive/grapeseed and lavender. No increase in comfort, messy and a residue of oil on my face afterwards which i found unpleasant. I have Castle Forbes pre shave oil. This had none of the unpleasant features of the home made brew but I really cannot say it had any noticeable effect. If you get your basic preparation right and have a sound shaving technique you will have splendid shaves without the use of pre shave products in my opinion.

Fido has summed it up nicely, oils are often used by the recently converted (I include myself) but once you find the soaps or creams that work for you they soon become redundant.

antdad said:
Fido has summed it up nicely, oils are often used by the recently converted (I include myself) but once you find the soaps or creams that work for you they soon become redundant.

I'm beginning to think you're right. I need to practise more of the pre-shave techniques,that's for sure. More time in the bathroom,then! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom