Micromatic Open Comb
Rod Neep Silvertip Brush
DR Harris Marlborough Soap
Cold water splash
Finish with Edwin Jagger Pre Shave

Supporting equipment:
My new water softener (woohoo!)
Ceramic fondue pot/shaving bowl

Took it slow this time. First at WTG pass then one XTG pass in each direction. No nicks or irritation this time and I got an acceptably smooth shave.

Finally, the menthol hit from the pre shave woke me up and got me ready for a day shifting boxes around the house.

The softener makes lathering so much easier. At first I used too much water and got an explosion of foamy bubbles. So, I rinsed everything and started again with a few drops of water in the bowl. Perfect lather whipped up after about 20secs!

After reading the MM OC experience I had to start up a 'new to me' one I received last week.

Preshave: hot water wash followed by Proraso preshave.
Shave cream: Proraso, green container.
Razor: Gem MicroMatic OC
Razor blade: Gem SE
Aftershave: Master's Bay Rum

After using the 1912 and the Junior, the MicroMatic had a very different feel. It might have been because of the longer and different textured handle; but the feel if the head was very different. Initially, after the 1st pass, I thought that it wasn't shaving as well as the 1912. But... After feeling my face I found that it was giving a very smooth and close shave. After the second pass,I had an acceptable shave. The razor, maybe because or it's length or design, made me feel more cautious than when I use the 1912 or a SS Gillette, but for a 1st shave with the razor it was nice. Enjoyable no, nice yes.

Back
Top Bottom