Mitchell’s Wool Fat

Mike Smart

Supporter
Supporter
Right tell me is there any better soap ?

i was kindly gifted this from Paul @bladmonkey many months ago,
Obviously i had seen it around but one of those things i just hadn’t got round to getting it.

With me working abroad i’m limited to what i take with me and the mitchell’s & OSP sandlewood we’re the two soaps i craved when i was away.
Can anyone recommend a better soap or is this the pinnacle?
it’s certainly up there for me

Obviously i had seen it around but one of those things i just hadn’t got round to getting it.

With me working abroad i’m limited to what i take with me and the mitchell’s & OSP sandlewood we’re the two soaps i craved when i was away.
It's a very good soap but some will tell you different, as has been said soap is a very subjective thing, it's like asking what's the best razor blade!
Try it and find out for yourself. :)
For me the scent is just clean and soapy, nothing to offend, just clean imo!

Paul

Last edited:
Nope! Still my first choice and the one I'd respond immediately with if asked, "what's your favourite soap?". Enjoy!

Hampshire Wool Fat (Ratna Soaps) is very good and riding up closely behind MWF. Some folks have identified a "barnyard" smell, but it's not something I get. Savonniere du Moulin is my close second favourite, and it's a close second. Think, MWF without the mass production.

AehG6Kg.jpg

While we are talking about it, I've taken a liking to the Hampshire Wool Fat soap, it's a little on the softer side and it now comes in three scents, which can only be good but I will still be using the good old MWF because it is good.
Lot's of good soaps out there some have already been mentioned but I do like a bit of lanolin.

Paul.

Last edited:

Seven pager that has opinions from just about everyone but Boris Johnson.
None the less interesting but the OP wanted to know of any other soaps that could be recommended, it's not a debate on if MWF is the best soap in the known world.

Paul.

Try the Hampshire Wool Fat soap Mike if you've not tried it, quite similar to MWF in many ways but has more scents and is a very reasonable price and available on eBay right now.
Like the MWF it leaves your skin feeling supple and hydrated, ideal for you if you're off to Norway again! :)

Paul.

Last edited:
Try the Hampshire Wool Fat soap Mike if you've not tried it, quite similar to MWF in many ways but has more scents and is a very reasonable price and available on eBay right now.
Like the MWF it leaves your skin feeling supple and hydrated, ideal for you if you're off to Norway again! :)

Paul.
Nice 1 paul thanks i’ll give it a go.
i’ll order it now but doubt it will be here by saturday
i leave sunday morning
iv read good things about it & the price tells me it’s a no brainer

Back
Top Bottom