Missing in Action/AWOL Packages

I am currently working from home, yesterday I received an email notification at 11.30 that my UPS package had been delivered at 10.50am. This was news to me as no one had used my intercom or knocked on my door. The proof of delivery stated mailbox, so I went to my mailbox. I knew for a fact the package would be too big for my mailbox, and quelle surprise it was empty. No card, nothing. UPS are now back tracking saying that they left it with a neighbour and will redeliver tomorrow.

I am currently working from home, yesterday I received an email notification at 11.30 that my UPS package had been delivered at 10.50am. This was news to me as no one had used my intercom or knocked on my door. The proof of delivery stated mailbox, so I went to my mailbox. I knew for a fact the package would be too big for my mailbox, and quelle surprise it was empty. No card, nothing. UPS are now back tracking saying that they left it with a neighbour and will redeliver tomorrow.
They have left it with a neighbor and will redeliver tomorrow! What utter rubbish, I would visit your neighbors and ask and then get back in touch with UPS ( unreliable parcel service) and reveal their web of lies. This kind of BS really ticks me off!

I hope you get this sorted and sorry for my rant! :) P.

It's obvious they have done a Hermes, just left it in a public space. However, at least Hermes leave a card. Hi, you weren't in so I left your parcel in the open where anyone can steal it.....
If they are running late they will tell you it's been delivered when they have every intention of delivering it the next day and give you some BS, I'm sure it will arrive tomorrow, why can't they just be straight with anyone! I love DPD, never had a problem with them. P.

If they are running late they will tell you it's been delivered when they have every intention of delivering it the next day and give you some BS, I'm sure it will arrive tomorrow, why can't they just be straight with anyone! I love DPD, never had a problem with them. P.

I believe the delivery drivers get 'docked' by UPS if they don't complete their route. Naturally, this can cause some to "cheat".

I believe the delivery drivers get 'docked' by UPS if they don't complete their route. Naturally, this can cause some to "cheat".
Yes, that makes sense but it's unforgivable because it puts the buyer into panic / anger at being told their item has been delivered when you know full well it has not.
So not only can they not do their job properly they then lie to the customers and their bosses, unforgivable! P.

We had similar a couple of weeks ago, i had an email saying they couldnt gain entry to the house or property, 8m at the end of a culdisack and live in an end terrace house, after much ho har'ing i spoke to the delivery driver the following day, and he quickly explained that the gps on the vehicles put out warnings when its seen stationary for any period of time, and there was a delivery blocking the end of our street taking place that kept him stopped. There was indeed a delivery of building materials at the end od the street as i was helping unload it so i got my delivery....... Grumble grumble bi@£h whine and moan

I believe Ken Loach has produced a film about this called; Sorry We Missed You; still on my to watch list. What an absolute rubbish life those poor delivery drivers have to suffer. I suppose we are all to blame for allowing this bullying culture to exist in modern society. However, the recent TV advertisement would suggest that it is absolute bliss working for such companies even being part of a "lovely family" - some hope!

I believe Ken Loach has produced a film about this called; Sorry We Missed You; still on my to watch list. What an absolute rubbish life those poor delivery drivers have to suffer. I suppose we are all to blame for allowing this bullying culture to exist in modern society. However, the recent TV advertisement would suggest that it is absolute bliss working for such companies even being part of a "lovely family" - some hope!
"We are all to blame" we means me, how am I to blame if the company these drivers work for push their drivers to do more than they can do and then have to resort to telling lies to the customer? Please do tell. P.

It becomes very political; we demand cheap goods and cheap delivery, which means drivers are pushed to the limits by bullying employers; who don't even allow them to stop to take a piss! And certainly don't allow then to have any lunch. You may remember one van driver who was too scared to attend a Dr's appointment because he would lose his job if he did. He died as a direct result of non attendance. Unfortunately there is still such thing as slave labour even now. Of course we are all guilty of turning a blind eye or copping a deaf'un to get what we want. Therefore we are all (society) to blame.

@whitesix Definitely worth a watch. It gives you an insight to what these delivery drivers have to put up with also 'I Daniel Blake', another Ken Loach film worth watching IMO.

It's still pretty much slave labour, which we all tend to turn a blind eye to; there, for the grace of whoever, go I. A bit of compassion for such people that have (for whatever reason) to do these awful jobs perhaps.
Postmen / women are a different category entirely.

It's still pretty much slave labour, which we all tend to turn a blind eye to; there, for the grace of whoever, go I. A bit of compassion for such people that have (for whatever reason) to do these awful jobs perhaps.
Postmen / women are a different category entirely.
Do you give your white van delivery drivers a tip to make up for the terrible working conditions they have to endure, you know a bit of compassion for the common working man or have you stopped ordering goods online so you are no longer part of the problem or do you just turn a blind eye to it, because you talk a good talk but apart from that what do you do because if it's nothing, all your chatting about it means nothing at all, infact if it's nothing you do but chat about it the best thing to do is get down from that high horse you're sitting on and stop bringing politics into a shaving forum and trying to make folk feel guilty about doing online shopping however If you are giving your white van delivery drivers a tip because you have compassion and you feel a little guilty that he is enduring so much just so you can get the goods that you've ordered on line the well done to you and I mean that, I really do.
I have watched the Ken Loach drama and while I'm sure that there are firms out there operating like this I'm sure it is not the case for all parcel delivery company's .
As you said in post 12 "it becomes very political" but politics have no place in a shaving forum so it sould not have been bought up in the first place. P.

Back
Top Bottom