Milk in Tea, first or last?

Blimey PC that's more of a faff than I go through. I think we should both invest in small teapots.

Milk first...I prefer mine undenaturated.

Boiling water must be applied to the teabags. Water boiled two minutes ago is no good. Water thats been boiled many times is also no good. Use fresh water and boil once.
Teabags cooled first by milk is a no no.
If using a teapot put the milk in the cups(best way). If brewing in a mug add milk last after the removal of the teabag.

antdad said:
Blimey PC that's more of a faff than I go through. I think we should both invest in small teapots.

Are you talking about my post? I don't really like tea. Just remembered I'd seen Hugh F-W talking about tea a while back and quoted it for you all. I can't believe he has the time to do it all!

Pig Cat said:
antdad said:

Are you talking about my post? I don't really like tea. Just remembered I'd seen Hugh F-W talking about tea a while back and quoted it for you all. I can't believe he has the time to do it all!

Yeah but thats what happens when all you have to do is watch your fields grow potatoes and sit on hold with Tesco customer services. :lol:

Pig Cat said:
antdad said:

Oh yes...sorry missed that bit. Ummm truth is HFW doesn't do it all.

"River Cottage" is a carefully managed brand that HFW is the "face" of. I believe the writing is certainly his own but not much else.

antdad said:
Pig Cat said:
antdad said:

Oh yes...sorry missed that bit. Ummm truth is HFW doesn't do it all.

"River Cottage" is a carefully managed brand that HFW is the "face" of. I believe the wariting is certainly his own but not much else.

As Gordon might say, he probably dreamed it up on the playing fields of Eton...
;)

Apropos of all this - are those pint tea-mugs still available?
Had one once - loved it but it broke and so did my heart, and I have been searching for a replacement ever since.

Blyth Spirit said:
Ringtons anyone?

Oddly enough I just happened to intercept the local Rington's van by chance a couple of weeks back - on the look out as ever for another decent non-perfumey Earl Grey. Took a quarter or EG and some sample bags.

No danger of me buying any more of it - all the tea seems to be Indian (particularly Bengali) or Kenyan - and definitely not my cup of tea at all - I'm a Darjeeling/China man it seems (which I didn't realise before)

Back
Top Bottom