Mild Razor for SE Beginner

Hi guys, I got my Hawk v3 on Monday, a lovely razor. I put the ProGuard blade I had been using in, and I got a pretty terrible shave. No nicks, but the irritation afterwards lasted from the morning until the next day. Now, this did make me think, what have a done, I should have just continued using the Yaqi. I had a look online and it seemed that the Schick Proline p-30 is a highly recommended blade to use. So today was my second shave with my Hawk but with the p-30 blade in now. And wow what a smooth shave it was, no nicks, no irritation. I'm glad I didn't give the ProGuard another try because that amount of irritation would have made me switch back to DE.

Looking forward to my shave on Friday now.
Try a Kai Captain Mild at some point, I find them the best SE blade

Hi, I’d the Excalibur the same as the katana, or razzorocket on the yaqi site? The katana is only about £13 in a sale at the moment and I’m now getting razor envy and would like to give single edges a go!

Hi, I was planning on doing a PIF for the Excalibur in a few weeks. But if you want it, you can have it pal. The only thing is it would be in a few weeks.

Thanks
Callum

That is a wonderful gesture. The Excalibur is a lovely little razor which delivers superb shaves. Slightly aggressive but totally manageable.

Jump at it

Just a little update on my third shave with my Hawk v3. Another great shave with the Schick Proline p-30. Super smooth blade, no irritation, no nicks, was just a very enjoyable shave. I think I've found the perfect combo for me with the Hawk and p-30 blade. I will try the other blades I've received but I will continue using this p-30 blade until it's spent. I think my technique for using this razor is improving with each shave, taking my time and learning from the razor. Even though I'm taking my time, the shaves are so much quicker than a DE shave.

The current combo of the Hawk and p-30 blade I would compare to the shaves I get from my Rockwell 6c, which I might add is my favourite DE razors, gives me an amazing shave. But I would put the Hawk above the 6c.

Thanks again to everyone that gave me advice, deals on the two razors, the free blades. You all are true gentlemen.

Regards
Callum

Back
Top Bottom