Mild Razor for SE Beginner

Something about the way the SE1 looks. I know razors shouldn't come down to looks. I think I would put add out in the BST for both the SE1 and the Hawk and see which one pops up.

The shave I had today was apart from the nick, which I could have avoided, the second-best shave I've had with a razor. So I'm guessing things can only get better when I get more used to it and find the right blade for me. And I seriously think no me DE shaving for me.

Last edited:
So it begins...
rabbit hole GIF

I had my second shave today with the Yaqi and Pro-Guard blade. Another smooth shave, no irritation, no nicks. A lovely shave. I'm glad I gave SE shaving a try. I have got good shaves from DE razor but so far SE is just so much better, especially how much quicker it is to shave with having the bigger blade.

I'm thinking maybe when my Hawk v3 comes. I will PIF the razor to someone who would like to give SE shaving a try.

Thanks
Callum

A wise choice in the Hawk Mr Draper.

I have never got on with ATT's except the X which @Boycie83 loaned me. For me the Generals have the edge over most of everything SE wise, but they are either pretty unobtanium with the V1's (other than the aluminium which are good but not quite up there with its exotic brothers) or expensive in the case of the V2. By the time you have shipped, paid duties etc you are talking £230 ish.

The new Claymore Evolution is worthy of consideration for the future. A lot of razor for a very reasonable price.

But I am sure the Hawk will keep you entertained and closely shaved for many a year.

SE's? The way to go

I think it's SE all the way with me now. I've got my vintage Gillette 1958 Tv special and Rockwell 6c as a backup. But I cannot see myself going back to DE shaving. Already eyeing up Vector as a treat.

But I think I will definitely Pif the Yaqi soon so I can give someone else a go at SE shaving.

Thanks
Callum

I think it's SE all the way with me now. I've got my vintage Gillette 1958 Tv special and Rockwell 6c as a backup. But I cannot see myself going back to DE shaving. Already eyeing up Vector as a treat.

But I think I will definitely Pif the Yaqi soon so I can give someone else a go at SE shaving.

Thanks
Callum
Try one first before committing the money to it. I didn't get on with the Vector but I'm in a minority.

Chris has a good point re the Vector, Callum

In my limited experience with SE's, I would say the Vector is not a mild shaver.
Compared with the Hawk V3, it's much more efficient.
I don't mean that it's a vicious tool, only that there is significantly more blade feel.
As ever, YMMV.
I've never had any mishaps with the Vector

Hi guys, I got my Hawk v3 on Monday, a lovely razor. I put the ProGuard blade I had been using in, and I got a pretty terrible shave. No nicks, but the irritation afterwards lasted from the morning until the next day. Now, this did make me think, what have a done, I should have just continued using the Yaqi. I had a look online and it seemed that the Schick Proline p-30 is a highly recommended blade to use. So today was my second shave with my Hawk but with the p-30 blade in now. And wow what a smooth shave it was, no nicks, no irritation. I'm glad I didn't give the ProGuard another try because that amount of irritation would have made me switch back to DE.

Looking forward to my shave on Friday now.

Back
Top Bottom