Microwaving ToOBS soap

I've bought a refill of ToOBS Sandalwood soap recently, but it has no list of ingredients with it and I can seem to find them online.

Does it contain glycerin and therefore allow me to microwave it to mould it to my wooden bowl.

As far as I remember this is not a glycerine-based soap so should not be microwaved. Try grating it and moulding it in if it isn't soft enough to squish in to a bowl. The glycerine soaps have a sort of transparent quality to them. I'm sure this is the other sort, whatever you'd call it.

Thanks guys.

I've grated plenty, but was hoping to be quick and lazy and cheat! But I'll not, I'd probably end up with second degree burns to the hands anyway :roll:

quattrojames said:
I've bought a refill of ToOBS Sandalwood soap recently, but it has no list of ingredients with it and I can seem to find them online.

Does it contain glycerin and therefore allow me to microwave it to mould it to my wooden bowl.

Glycerin is not what makes a soap 'meltable'; any 'artisanal' soap still contains all glycerin that was in the oils we start with, and most shaving soap also have about that same percentage of glycerin, either from the oils, or if made starting from individual fatty acids, explicitly added - shaving soap actually benefits from glycerin.

Melt and pour soap is made by adding alcohols, sugars and syndets. Afaik no traditional soap and creams are M&P soaps.

OK thanks Henk - I did a search on what seemed to make a soap melt in the microwave and the consensus seemed to be whether it contained glycerin or not. Either way it's all grated and in the bowl now :D

Back
Top Bottom