microphones

daz

Right guys, I need a mic to pick up some bass. Not looking for anything magical, just something that can pick up some bass without too much distortion. Simples?

Oh I forgot to say it needs to plug in to my computer if it makes any difference.

How bassy, how loud, what quality do you need, what budget do you have?

I think needing it to plug directly into a computer will be a limiting factor - there's a good market for vocal mics like that, but not, I think, too much for other things.

I am wanting to record a didgeriduh if it helps? I have them in a couple of different keys but I think i is more the volume that needs tamed, I'm not sure? I have tried 5 mics so far, one of them was around 100 quid (cant find the pound sign on this mac) All of them just dont record right, not being musical I will find it hard to describe. All I get when I play it back is a dull drone, very muted if that makes sense?
As for budget? Well I hadn't really thought of that to be honest. I know decent mics aren't cheap. A couple of friends are singers in a band and their mics cost more than I want to pay ie 250 plus.
I dont need really high quality, all I want to do is record and play back so I can hear for myself what others are hearing. It would be nice to hear my breathing as well so I can fit it in better but I wont be sending recordings off to radio stations, it's just for myself.

Back
Top Bottom