Merkur Open Comb

Hello,

I've used a 38c Barberpole for the past few months and have recently changed over to the slant version, the 39c. I prefer the shave with the 39c and fancy trying another Barberpole, the 12c Open Comb.

Does anyone have experience with this or another similar OC Merkur razor?

Cheers,

Mark

I'me a big Oc fan but i didnt get on with mine it just didnt do the job as good as a gillette new and it felt more aggressive but didnt shave as close!!

I also think it depends on the blade you have used :mrgreen:
Some blades are smoother than others

B

kev... said:
I'me a big Oc fan but i didnt get on with mine it just didnt do the job as good as a gillette new and it felt more aggressive but didnt shave as close!!

Canuck said:
Either way we're talking proper man shaving here. Open combs and slants are manlier than 2 blokes bareknuckle boxing in a pit of drunken vipers. On fire.
So what your saying is he needs a slant headed Open Comb adjustable straight ;)

kev... said:
Canuck said:
Either way we're talking proper man shaving here. Open combs and slants are manlier than 2 blokes bareknuckle boxing in a pit of drunken vipers. On fire.
So what your saying is he needs a slant headed Open Comb adjustable straight ;)

Fitted with a rusty Derby blade....... :shock: :? :lol: :lol:

Yes. My 34C feels very girly all of a sudden. I can only imagine that Vinny is getting paranoid over his 7 blade cartridge. Mind you he offsets that well with kettlebells and swinging clubs, so good on him.

The HD O/C is my customary shave, and perfect for a no-brainer like me! :?
The best thing about it is that if the blade-angle is too shallow you get "tram lines" and if too wide you just don't get a shave! - infallible!

Back
Top Bottom