Merkur Ergonomic

Don't know, I'm all for progress, but for me that handle looks like something for those with impaired dexterity - my granny used to have "jumbogrip" kitchen utensils because of her arthritis in her hands - looked the same as that, except in black (and had fish slice, slotted spoon, etc where the razor head is of course).

I might be jumping to conclusions here - but if a slim handle has worked for the last 100 years, why do we suddenly need fat ones?

Agree with SirPrize, I thought it doubled up as a "play toy" for the ladies. It would be good if you had grip problems. Then again if yous grip problems were that bad then perhaps you should not be using a safety razor at all.

hunnymonster said:
Don't know, I'm all for progress, but for me that handle looks like something for those with impaired dexterity - my granny used to have "jumbogrip" kitchen utensils because of her arthritis in her hands - looked the same as that, except in black (and had fish slice, slotted spoon, etc where the razor head is of course).
It looks like that to me too.

There is nothing wrong with better handles for people with poor grip strength, my point is that if I had this issue I think I would settle for cartridge and nice soap rather then razor blades.

It just looks odd.

If I wanted a chunky handle I would go for these

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://connaughtshaving.com/harrisrazor.html">http://connaughtshaving.com/harrisrazor.html</a><!-- m -->

But maybe those with dexterity problems would still not find it good enough.

My Father had a degenerative muscular disease like MS and would use cutlery with chunky wooden handles. He changed from a safety razor to a Philishave when I was quite a young boy, so the matter was academic; but I do not believe he would have been able to use any wet shaver once his problems developed.

I don't think it is really for people who need it, but rather people who want to be all "ergonomic" about everything. I mean, what is this, 1991?

As for the other rude things that theshaving-shack sells, I can only see condoms. Are condoms rude?

I thought it was curious because it's a Merkur and I haven't seen it elsewhere.

g-train said:
As for the other rude things that theshaving-shack sells, I can only see condoms. Are condoms rude?

No, but when you place an order one of the things that pops up in the checkout process is "Want to be added to our mailing lists?" there's one for shaving, one for PVC lingerie, one for adult toys (and I don't mean mahogany Monopoly™ sets) and another one that escapes me.

I did not know that.

How shockingly ungentlemanly. I shall have to repair to the conservatory and apply a cataplasm to regain my humors :eek:

Back
Top Bottom