Menthol haters!

Well, thank you for your responses, it seems those of us who do not like the use of menthol in Shaving products are few and far between but at least I know that I am not the only one which is comforting in a small way.
To have been the only person on TSR who didn't like menthol would have been quite isolating and in this current time of isolation could have been a critical tipping point!

Thank you all who took part in this post, your views are always welcome.

Paul.

I'm still in a bit of exploration stage regarding that. the only one I currently have is DEAD SEA SHAVE MAELSTROM and I'm actually quite enjoying it!
Currently on lookout for B&M Terror soap and balm. Might be jumping a tad to extreme on that front but you only live once. Definitely don't despise menthol stuff at the moment!

I’m a menthol fan. OSP Grapefruit and Menthol soap, Phoenix and Beau Denali, Fine Snake Bite, Alcolado etc. all great. The Proraso M&E soap used to dry my skin; but I haven’t tried the new formulation. Actually, has anyone else; and how does it compare?

I’m a menthol fan. OSP Grapefruit and Menthol soap, Phoenix and Beau Denali, Fine Snake Bite, Alcolado etc. all great. The Proraso M&E soap used to dry my skin; but I haven’t tried the new formulation. Actually, has anyone else; and how does it compare?
I should start by saying I liked the old formula but I think the new Proraso Super Formula is really good. It certainly punches well above its price point. I seem to recall it having a relatively moisturising post shave feel as well.

Last edited:

I've used the new Proraso Super Formula Green shaving cream a few times and it's outstanding, incredibly slick. I didn't find the post shave to be drying, but we all have different skins so it's a difficult one to say for sure.

The entire SF range seems to be really highly rated, so if the Green's not your thing there are the other varieties, a few here seem to really rate the red variety in the tub.

I've used the new Proraso Super Formula Green shaving cream a few times and it's outstanding, incredibly slick. I didn't find the post shave to be drying, but we all have different skins so it's a difficult one to say for sure.

The entire SF range seems to be really highly rated, so if the Green's not your thing there are the other varieties, a few here seem to really rate the red variety in the tub.
Thanks Donnie.

Back
Top Bottom