Mental Health Awareness

One of those days where I just think "why bother" and just feel like giving up
Hey buddy. Sorry you're going through a tough time.
As Donnie-arko said.... Take a day at a time, each day has its own trouble so don't worry about tomorrow's. Look for the positives.

I have been signed off for 6 weeks and put on new medication. Hopefully I can turn my health around. They have given me 18 months to 3 years before I probably need an amputation due to diabetic neuropathy.
Oh man...
Hope you pick up soon buddy....
Had an old friend in hospital recently had one of his toes amputated because of Diabetes.
Hope it doesn't come to that for you too.
Take care buddy.

Well I have been unemployed for 2 months. I am also 2 weeks into a 6 week fit note. I signed on to Universal Credit, as a 40% tax payer why not? Also my savings were below the threshold. I have encountered nothing but bullying and harrassment from the DWP, which has made my diabetes and mental health worse, which is why I required the fit note. Anyway the DWP have ignored the fit note and have arranged for me to under go a work capability accessment. Thankfully I received a job offer today.

Last edited:
Well I have been unemployed for 2 months. I am also 2 weeks into a 6 week fit note. I signed on to Universal Credit, as a 40% tax payer why not? Also my savings were below the threshold. I have encountered nothing but bullying and harrassment from the DWP, which has made my diabetes and mental health worse, which is why I required the fit note. Anyway the DWP have ignored the fit note and have arranged for me to under go a work capability accessment. Thankfully I received a job offer today.
Pleased thing's are looking up for you.

Paul.

Good news (y)

Sorry you've had a rough few months.
Hopefully the new job will out for you

“Today was a Difficult Day,” said Pooh.

There was a pause.

“Do you want to talk about it?” asked Piglet.

“No,” said Pooh after a bit. “No, I don’t think I do.”

“That’s okay,” said Piglet, and he came and sat beside his friend.

“What are you doing?” asked Pooh.

“Nothing, really,” said Piglet. “Only, I know what Difficult Days are like. I quite often don’t feel like talking about it on my Difficult Days either.

“But goodness,” continued Piglet, “Difficult Days are so much easier when you know you’ve got someone there for you. And I’ll always be here for you, Pooh.”

And as Pooh sat there, working through in his head his Difficult Day, while the solid, reliable Piglet sat next to him quietly, swinging his little legs…he thought that his best friend had never been more right.

Last edited:
One of my buddies who I've known for nearly 30 years is pretty seriously ill. I missed a call from his ex yesterday, her voicemail sounded odd and she only said she'd ring back. I spent half the night and most of the day fearing the worst. Turns out she was just calling to hone me an update and tell me she's had a chance to hang out with him in hospital. So yeah, he's still very sick but it's not what I was expecting at all. His mum is about 90 and in my head I figured he'd gone, and his mum would no doubt follow shortly after, leaving his brothers devastated. Please god that doesn't happen but it did teach me not to let my imagination run riot. They do tell you to avoid 'fortune telling' and thinking you know what's gonna happen don't they? It's a terrible thought error.

One of my buddies who I've known for nearly 30 years is pretty seriously ill. I missed a call from his ex yesterday, her voicemail sounded odd and she only said she'd ring back. I spent half the night and most of the day fearing the worst. Turns out she was just calling to hone me an update and tell me she's had a chance to hang out with him in hospital. So yeah, he's still very sick but it's not what I was expecting at all. His mum is about 90 and in my head I figured he'd gone, and his mum would no doubt follow shortly after, leaving his brothers devastated. Please god that doesn't happen but it did teach me not to let my imagination run riot. They do tell you to avoid 'fortune telling' and thinking you know what's gonna happen don't they? It's a terrible thought error.
That's definitely something that can play on your mind. True, it's best not to worry about things that might never happen. There's enough worries for today without worrying about tomorrow. Take each day as it comes.
Wishing your friend a speedy recovery.

I started my new job today. I didn't sleep last night, and suffered from a migraine most of the day. But at least, I now have purpose, structure, and money! Thankfully I spent most the day doing HR courses in Diversity and Chair ergonomics.

I started my new job today. I didn't sleep last night, and suffered from a migraine most of the day. But at least, I now have purpose, structure, and money! Thankfully I spent most the day doing HR courses in Diversity and Chair ergonomics.
Glad you have had a decent day. Hope the migraine disperses.

Back
Top Bottom