Mental Health Awareness

So it's been a few weeks since I returned to this thread
How's everyone doing?
@Blademonkey how's the house thing looking?
This end of the year can get a little lonely especially when it's cold and dark. I just wanted to keep this thread going so those of us who have a rough time now and again can come on here and vent.
I'm feeling a lot better than I did last time. Still have moments but nowhere near as deep.
Ep safe guys.
Becoming more serious about spending time meditating has been very helpful and rewarding for me - as an activity, now integrated into every day - like my shave. Thank you for asking after us all. Yours - I.

I've spent more time thinking about telling my (expletive deleted) boss to just do one, even if it means no income till I find an alternative. Where I work, the boss makes the girls (by which I mean mid 40s professional women) cry in meetings, putting them under intolerable pressure despite one of them having recently lost a close family member, which makes me (a mature peaceable guy) [edit, "properly angry, and wish natural justice to prevail", you get the idea]. The Mrs is doing casual this and that at the moment and so it would not be ideal timing for me to give him the bird, let alone [edit, natural justice] . Oh and going for a walk to clear my head after work and ending up in the boozer. Unplanned but welcome. Not a great strategy long term, but just the job for tonight. Rereading this now and redacting heavily, I probably should stay off the sauce on a school night. But mental health is basically not of interest to those holes where I work. They break us, they hire new ones.

SR shaving, stropping etc was supposed to be my meditation and it has mostly worked, but having discovered what happens when work thoughts break through while you've a 7/8 square point or even a 1/2" round point blade at your face, I'm being a bit more mindful about what I reach for depending on where my head is at. I swear, the extra pressure the higher-ups have dealt down on people who are powerless, who have lost loved ones to Covid, one day they will either be judged, or at least maybe reflect on their greed. Me? If I see them on fire on the pathway I'll still pay 20p for the lavatory!

Last edited:
I've spent more time thinking about telling my (expletive deleted) boss to just do one, even if it means no income till I find an alternative. Where I work, the boss makes the girls (by which I mean mid 40s professional women) cry in meetings, putting them under intolerable pressure despite one of them having recently lost a close family member, which makes me (a mature peaceable guy) [edit, "properly angry, and wish natural justice to prevail", you get the idea]. The Mrs is doing casual this and that at the moment and so it would not be ideal timing for me to give him the bird, let alone [edit, natural justice] . Oh and going for a walk to clear my head after work and ending up in the boozer. Unplanned but welcome. Not a great strategy long term, but just the job for tonight. Rereading this now and redacting heavily, I probably should stay off the sauce on a school night. But mental health is basically not of interest to those holes where I work. They break us, they hire new ones.

SR shaving, stropping etc was supposed to be my meditation and it has mostly worked, but having discovered what happens when work thoughts break through while you've a 7/8 square point or even a 1/2" round point blade at your face, I'm being a bit more mindful about what I reach for depending on where my head is at. I swear, the extra pressure the higher-ups have dealt down on people who are powerless, who have lost loved ones to Covid, one day they will either be judged, or at least maybe reflect on their greed. Me? If I see them on fire on the pathway I'll still pay 20p for the lavatory!
Good old Hotmeal…

When I read the first part regarding your C U Next Tuesday of a boss, the song Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap by those electrical current fellows, short circuited into my meagre mind. I wish I could be that deed doer for you, old boy. Alas, Matron’s buggered off with the key to the padlock that is currently immobilising me via hardened and tempered steel chain (rust and patination included) to my ward bed. Honestly, ruddy woman’s a menace…

So it's been a few weeks since I returned to this thread
How's everyone doing?
@Blademonkey how's the house thing looking?
This end of the year can get a little lonely especially when it's cold and dark. I just wanted to keep this thread going so those of us who have a rough time now and again can come on here and vent.
I'm feeling a lot better than I did last time. Still have moments but nowhere near as deep.
Ep safe guys.
Im pleased to hear you are feeling a lot better than you did the last time you posted. Good news indeed.
Nothing hard and fast on the housing front for me but there is still time and good things come to those that wait! :)
Stay positive and have a good Christmas ☃️ :)

Paul.

My line manager schedules calls where we generally discuss how we are doing.
A recent medical appointment has possibly identified I have prostate cancer.
I have kept that to myself and the girlfriend, who advised me it's not fatal and I may only lose a testicle. Which didn't reassure me. I previously had colorectal cancer, so I have seen it all before. Hopefully it's benign.

I have kept that to myself and the girlfriend, who advised me it's not fatal and I may only lose a testicle. Which didn't reassure me. I previously had colorectal cancer, so I have seen it all before. Hopefully it's benign.
Fingers crossed for you

I'm coping with beer, and keeping chickens again. The fact that I have hens that rely on me makes me get up and get out in the morning. Plus the eggs are absolutely fantastic. Will never have shite eggs again.
Need to find a big field to keep loads of hens and just be a chicken farmer. :) (y)
Don't you get neighbours complaint about them making a lot of noise early morning?

Sorry to hear that, hope you have a speedy recovery and get well soon mate

He probably just tells them to cluck off. Although probably a peace offering of a dozen fresh eggs would hopefully go a long way to neighbours acceptance. 2 of my mates live next door to people with chickens and most of the conversations are about how nice the eggs are rather than how annoying the smells and noises are.

One girl I know actually had her chicken stolen from out of her garden. That's not nice at all. So you probably need to get a Rottweiler to go with it. Sort of "chick n+1" as it were.

He probably just tells them to cluck off. Although probably a peace offering of a dozen fresh eggs would hopefully go a long way to neighbours acceptance. 2 of my mates live next door to people with chickens and most of the conversations are about how nice the eggs are rather than how annoying the smells and noises are.

One girl I know actually had her chicken stolen from out of her garden. That's not nice at all. So you probably need to get a Rottweiler to go with it. Sort of "chick n+1" as it were.
It won't smell, 3 chickens in 80sq meters is nothing, I think I had 9 at one time when people thought a chicken or two would be a good gift for me.

No they are quiet, all they do is gentle buuuk buuuk* noises.
My attempt at chicken noises, apologies to chickens everwhere.
That's cool, ever thought of getting quails? Never had quails eggs but they look nice and small, pretty cool lol

Back
Top Bottom