Mental Health Awareness

What career would you like?

I was made redundant in the pandemic, but picked up a fixed term contract which has now finished. I literally finished on a Friday and started on a Monday. I am now job hunting and receiving rejection emails for jobs I could do in my sleep. Every time I try and do something different it fails to materialise...

Sorry to hear Sabre, good luck with your next step, hope something comes your way ASAP.

What career would you like?

I was made redundant in the pandemic, but picked up a fixed term contract which has now finished. I literally finished on a Friday and started on a Monday. I am now job hunting and receiving rejection emails for jobs I could do in my sleep. Every time I try and do something different it fails to materialise...

Got my first rejection email today for a teaching assistant position. Have plenty of experience and more than suitably qualified for the role

One of those days where I just think "why bother" and just feel like giving up
Yep, I've felt like that before so I kind of know how you may be feeling but rather than looking at what's not going right in your life at the moment how about looking at all of the good things that are in your life and imagine how much worse you would feel if all of the good things were taken away........you must have good things, people, friend's, anything you hold dear, these are the things that will get you through, tomorrow's another day.
Count your blessings and be happy, don't give up!

Paul.

Last edited:
OP
CjH

CjH

One of those days where I just think "why bother" and just feel like giving up
Hey buddy. Sorry you're going through a tough time.
As Donnie-arko said.... Take a day at a time, each day has its own trouble so don't worry about tomorrow's. Look for the positives.

OP
CjH

CjH

I have been signed off for 6 weeks and put on new medication. Hopefully I can turn my health around. They have given me 18 months to 3 years before I probably need an amputation due to diabetic neuropathy.
Oh man...
Hope you pick up soon buddy....
Had an old friend in hospital recently had one of his toes amputated because of Diabetes.
Hope it doesn't come to that for you too.
Take care buddy.

Well I have been unemployed for 2 months. I am also 2 weeks into a 6 week fit note. I signed on to Universal Credit, as a 40% tax payer why not? Also my savings were below the threshold. I have encountered nothing but bullying and harrassment from the DWP, which has made my diabetes and mental health worse, which is why I required the fit note. Anyway the DWP have ignored the fit note and have arranged for me to under go a work capability accessment. Thankfully I received a job offer today.

Last edited:
Well I have been unemployed for 2 months. I am also 2 weeks into a 6 week fit note. I signed on to Universal Credit, as a 40% tax payer why not? Also my savings were below the threshold. I have encountered nothing but bullying and harrassment from the DWP, which has made my diabetes and mental health worse, which is why I required the fit note. Anyway the DWP have ignored the fit note and have arranged for me to under go a work capability accessment. Thankfully I received a job offer today.
Pleased thing's are looking up for you.

Paul.

Top Bottom