Mental Health Awareness

hey how's it going guys?

Hope you're all well

Not gonna lie I'm struggling at the moment, feeling very low and depressed

Its been a while since I've shaved my head, I'm mentioning this because thank God I'm blessed with shaving gear but finding motivation and pushing myself is hard, real hard

Wanted to ask do you guys like talking about stuff in the past or do you prefer to let it be long forgotten?

hey how's it going guys?

Hope you're all well

Its been a while since I've shaved my head, I'm mentioning this because thank God I'm blessed with shaving gear but finding motivation and pushing myself is hard, real hard

Wanted to ask do you guys like talking about stuff in the past or do you prefer to let it be long forgotten?
Hey.
Sorry to hear you're not doing too well. It can be a challenge to speak openly about the past but it can be a real help to compartmentalize things and then we can start to move on.

Hey.
Sorry to hear you're not doing too well. It can be a challenge to speak openly about the past but it can be a real help to compartmentalize things and then we can start to move on.
suppose sometimes talking helps and sometimes it doesnt and i suppose everyone reacts differently

hey how's it going guys?

Hope you're all well

Feeling a bit crap myself, it's been building for a few months, house is a mess can't be arsed doing anything. I know it works in cycles.
In a few weeks I will be the happiest person alive, house will be perfect and I will forget the shit times.
But one thing that is a constant, TSR brings my mood up. Don't know why. But thanks. :cry::)

Hey Saj, I thought you had been a bit quiet lately. There's a lot to be said for going over things from the past to put them in order, or to bed, or into perspective. But sometimes it makes me think nothings changed, or just a reminder, and it can drag your focus to where you don't want it to be, or make you feel defined by your past, when in fact you don't have to be and it can be better to be forward looking (although that seems to take more energy tbf).

Have a shave fella, get some chrome on your dome, I know you can't be arsed but you'll feel better after. Nice products and scents, smart look, it'll be a pick-me-up once you get started.

Feeling a bit crap myself, it's been building for a few months, house is a mess can't be arsed doing anything. I know it works in cycles.
But one thing that is a constant, TSR brings my mood up. Don't know why. But thanks. :cry::)
Sorry to hear. You're right about it going in cycles and the thing is, happiness is relative where contentment is more stable. Things generally are not great and it's hard to feel perky, almost every conversation I have with SWMBO is a downer cos she's working silly hours, 2 jobs and still not afloat and it does make it hard to keep the enthusiasm up when you get not only jaded but tired out. Being on here and joining in the bants or seeing what everyone's up to definitely lifts my mood too.

In a few weeks I will be the happiest person alive, house will be perfect and I will forget the shit times.
Yea I know what you mean,
Like they say got to ride the waves and wait for the light at the end of the tunnel

Hope you feel better mate

Hey Saj, I thought you had been a bit quiet lately. There's a lot to be said for going over things from the past to put them in order, or to bed, or into perspective. But sometimes it makes me think nothings changed, or just a reminder, and it can drag your focus to where you don't want it to be, or make you feel defined by your past, when in fact you don't have to be and it can be better to be forward looking (although that seems to take more energy tbf).

Have a shave fella, get some chrome on your dome, I know you can't be arsed but you'll feel better after. Nice products and scents, smart look, it'll be a pick-me-up once you get started.

Yea I was really up and down recently and then when I spoke about sh*t like trauma and stuff the other day it really messed me up big time, like been so low and depressed since then

Dont get me wrong I got certain medication that can help but after being on some seriously high amount of different meds I've learnt it's essentially just a plaster and doesn't solve the root problem but obviously helps to a degree

Been a while since anyone posted here, how is everyone doing?

I thought of this thread as one of the regular posters deleted his shaving forum user accounts. He was always forthright with his own struggles, I hope the guy is ok right now.

Im better. I really think that my low mood is due to the winter months and shorter days. But I am also near the end of my postgraduate degree to and I think that has reduced stress a bit

Been a while since anyone posted here, how is everyone doing?

I thought of this thread as one of the regular posters deleted his shaving forum user accounts. He was always forthright with his own struggles, I hope the guy is ok right now.
Hey mate how's it going?

Just wanted a bit of time out which I thought would be longer then how long I've been away lol anyways I just thought one of the few therapeutic things I enjoy is the whole shaving hobby,
just thought why should I stop myself from chit chatting about something I enjoy so much with other like minded people

Back
Top Bottom