Men's Hot Towel Mask ??

Good evening Gentleman, just a quick post this evening as i'm shift working for the next few days :( :(

!BkpQpLQBWk~$(KGrHqIOKj4Es5uwNLcVBLY,!T5)3w~~_12.JPG

Have any of you tried this product, is it any good, does it really "Hot" heat the Hairs and open the pores os it it just a gentle warm feeling, if it doesn't does anyone know of a similar product that will really heat up the face ready for shaving ?

sorry if i'm not making much sense but i have been up since 5 am and i feel knackered !!

Thanks
Steve

Steve

I had the older version of this from a few years ago. It heated up in the hands before I had a chance to rub it over my face after which it was just a face scrub really. I never noticed any benefit from it so unless it's changed and improved......

sounds like a great idea in theory :|

I'm quite tempted to give this a try, I'm ordering some from BandH Tuesday with a few other things so will report back (unless loads of people say it's rubbish in the mean time!)

rangers62 said:
It's pish.

...mmm

i think that means a sub-par performer

if you want to do that kind of thing get a flannel and use for a hot towel prep

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwIP9K2VKXY[/youtube]

Just thought it might be worth a try, normally i do use a hot flannel as part of my prep, but obviously as i am on shifts getting up at 5 am it's not always practical having showers and full on prep before a shave, and sometimes i'm just too bloody tired to shave the night before, so just thought it may be a slight shortcut.

i think unless i can see some good reviews on internet i will just stick to my normal routine....

cheers guys

steve

hunnymonster said:
I wonder how/where they collect it? And what they do to it to make it into a gel form then :?

Could be a niche here HM;

Pre-shave hot towel treatment with urea concentrate, gives the face a healthy yellow glow retailing at £11.99 (That is taking the piss)

or

Mitchells Man-Fat Soap retailing at £24.50 (See you coming at that price. Made myself feel a bit sick there!)

This product works best if you use it about twice a week I think. It does allow potential ingrown hairs to rise to the surface of the skin where they can be picked off. Generally it will heat the skin for about 10 seconds and then fade back to a cold cream. I think it does make a difference, in that it opens the pores wide before the shave. I do feel that if you used it every day you would end up with a sore face though.

St James of London make a similar product, there isn't anything to chose between them in terms of quality, but the Real Shavign Co one is cheaper.

Attachments

• stjameshottowelmask.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 80
When I saw the title of this thread I thought it meant an actual towel mask that you could hang on your face. I used to use a hot towel as part of my pre-shave but I stopped because I couldn't be arsed anymore. If there was something kinda like a surgical mask but towely so you could just pop it on and get on with other stuff I'd probably use it.

Back
Top Bottom