May float your boat

This may be of interest to the European sympathisers amongst you?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360787401127?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Even comes with a butter knife, how quaint

It did float my boat, not sure about the butter knife though, I would of thought the blades that fit the razor would slide in the knife, but they seem too big, maybe I am missing something.

Rob

The L'essor SE def takes a wedge type blade (like a chopped straight razor) that'll need to be stropped and honed like any other straight, I suppose the knife attachment can be used for stropping as well as trimming as it also looks like there is an attachment to assist with that process. Interesting buy.

Yeah, it come with three blades which fit the razor, on first look, I thought the blades would fit the knife, but they don't seem to, the other bit you refer to is a mystery to me lol, as you say it may be to do with stropping,I have not tried yet,but thinking about it now,I think a blades may fit in that, and then that may fit in the knife, will give that a try.

Regards Rob

The long piece is the honing attachment - the blade should slide in at 90 degrees and then laid flat for honing which creates the correct bevel angle. You can also use it for stropping. If you search for Le Grelot in the SE section you will find a very similar razor.

Back
Top Bottom