May 2022 Acquisitions

I haven't sniffed Gucci Envy in decades(?) but I do have a sample of Floris Santel, which is reportedly very close to it.
I would say Swamp Fox is damn close. I'll probably be buying Floris Santel, very, very soon.

I used it for the first time last night and loved it. The scent strength from the tub isn't very strong but once lathered it was ever present throughout the shave but not overpowering like some American brands.

The soap base is great. I've used a soap from them before so I already knew it was good.
The post shave is stunning too. Could be the best I've tried....I haven't tried many new soaps recently though.
The aftershave hung around for a while. I don't expect an aftershave to last for ages anyway.

If you can get hold of it I would highly recommend it.

Cheers
Rob
Great feedback Rob. Thanks a lot.
Yes its been a while since I had a bottle of Gucci Envy myself. Prices are through the roof for it these days and constantly rising.
The Swamp Fox definitely seems like one I need to investigate.

Cheers
Colin

Lambda Athena safety razor serial#: 100

pz25dBG.jpg
BhG6Oov.jpg

How is the solid cologne stuff from Murphy & McNeil? Ordered a Granuaile set myself and took a punt on the solid cologne as well.
Hasn't arrived yet. Will let you know how it is once I got it.
I recently bought some dupe solid fragrances and was very impressed. Long lasting (pretty much all day) and easier to apply without the whole spray cloud of traditional aftershaves. I went for the solid cologne with Murphy & McNeil beacause of this positive experience and had no other choice as alcohol based are not shipped overseas.
Oh! and I also got Extro Cosmesi - The End as a solid which again didn't dissapoint.

When you are scrabbling around at the back of your soap drawer, and find gold!
I have been nursing my last half-barrette of Valobra Glicerlanolina, and wondering what I was going to use as a pre-shave soap once it was gone, given Valobra have ceased production. Needless to say, the sight below brought a massive smile to my face.
And if you were wondering - Yes, it doubles as a wonderful shave soap.

8uisUtY.jpg

6PlA9LA.jpg

Back
Top Bottom