May 2022 Acquisitions

Thanks Paul. It's a nice addition to the den.

The local Hermes/Evri folk seem very good but their UK network bit seems to be an utter car crash.
Their whole company is a car crash, after spending four days in Plymouth my package was due for delivery yesterday, guess what, those ass clowns can't even get that right!
No delivery, and now my tracking number has been taken off their system! They couldn't find their ass with both hands!
EVRI, Hermes or whatever they wish to call themselves next time are arse maggots!!!!

Paul

Yeah. I think the name is pretty off-putting. Luckily I know the base is very good and knew the scent was based on Gucci Envy, which was one of my favourite frags ever.
Likewise I'm a big fan of Gucci Envy. Such a stunning and distinctive scent it's hard to believe it was discontinued.
How do you compare the Strike Gold ?

That's very disappointing Paul. I wanted to put a laugh emoji for 'arse maggots' but I feel your pain when you wait so long for a delivery and the buffoons just lose it and shrug their shoulders. These courier firms all seem to perform badly and none take responsibility. Crossing my fingers it just shows up unexpectedly. I had the same thing with an espresso grinder I bought off a forum. Really thought I was screwed, then it turned up 2 weeks later by a completely different courier.

That's very disappointing Paul. I wanted to put a laugh emoji for 'arse maggots' but I feel your pain when you wait so long for a delivery and the buffoons just lose it and shrug their shoulders. These courier firms all seem to perform badly and none take responsibility. Crossing my fingers it just shows up unexpectedly. I had the same thing with an espresso grinder I bought off a forum. Really thought I was screwed, then it turned up 2 weeks later by a completely different courier.
Thanks for your supportive message, arse maggots, not strong enough but I was holding back somewhat not wishing to upset anyone! :)

Paul

Their whole company is a car crash, after spending four days in Plymouth my package was due for delivery yesterday, guess what, those ass clowns can't even get that right!
No delivery, and now my tracking number has been taken off their system! They couldn't find their ass with both hands!
EVRI, Hermes or whatever they wish to call themselves next time are arse maggots!!!!

Paul
Sorry to hear that P. Their system is an omnishambles - impossible to get hold of a person to speak to.

Sorry to hear that P. Their system is an omnishambles - impossible to get hold of a person to speak to.
Tell me about it! I try not to let things stress me but waiting for deliverys that may or may not come just gets me so angry, they've been paid to do a job so they should crack on and do it!
Rant over! :)

Paul

AM-JKLWD7BYoOJpJEt29GMUTE1LnN7QcTYoej9xp8Rmq6sCKkIkzR_p192BAjweADbVcpo4B4XqHPPT90Bozctqti08Ij4FWKxYJhbxWzdOAxnza-kFa7eGDkX4_SQdl4pPE6sz6jxBCh3dPcNrdZjyKcRTsLw=w1200

Almost collectively out of Clubman, so a little consignment to replenish stocks ... and a Sticky that I couldn't let pass by at £20 o_O

I've given it a good clean-up and it sparkles now. Lovely action on the TTO.

Dorco Titans, in my top three, I was doing an Amazon order anyway and they are still a ridiculous price of under £3 for 100, so I bought 400.

Everything else is going up by leaps and bounds, goods that I paid £5 an item at the beginning of April are now £7.

The blades arrived, Mrs De took delivery, she handed them over and said 'what the hell have you bought 400 blades for when you use two blades a week and you are effing old.

I think I got away with it. I said, inflation is over 10% and interest rates are 1%, it makes sense to buy today for use in the future.

Jokes aside, I don't understand how they can sell and ship 100 blades from Vietnam/Korea at a lower price than Gillette will sell me 10. If they were a crap blade then I would be walking away, but they are excellent.

Likewise I'm a big fan of Gucci Envy. Such a stunning and distinctive scent it's hard to believe it was discontinued.
How do you compare the Strike Gold ?

I haven't sniffed Gucci Envy in decades(?) but I do have a sample of Floris Santel, which is reportedly very close to it.
I would say Swamp Fox is damn close. I'll probably be buying Floris Santel, very, very soon.

I used it for the first time last night and loved it. The scent strength from the tub isn't very strong but once lathered it was ever present throughout the shave but not overpowering like some American brands.

The soap base is great. I've used a soap from them before so I already knew it was good.
The post shave is stunning too. Could be the best I've tried....I haven't tried many new soaps recently though.
The aftershave hung around for a while. I don't expect an aftershave to last for ages anyway.

If you can get hold of it I would highly recommend it.

Cheers
Rob

Ooh, love the sticky!
It's in really good nick! The sticky bit is still ... sticky, few scratches and the action really smooth.

I've had one before but sold it off along with pretty much everything I'd collected when I consolidated my collection on the 1912 and Tech (and a very select few others). Good to have another one in.

Back
Top Bottom