May 2022 Acquisitions

568579F6-E8D6-4C16-8861-3316E597B046.jpeg
A7128647-502E-491F-8070-CCA650C1E83E.jpeg

9A723BD4-BF2A-4875-A9F7-FCE77B872D25.jpeg
A StandoPolsaka Lando 2022 80mm handle to accompany my Yaqi Excalibur handle. It looks and feels amazing, though should have stuck with the 90mm version I originally wanted. No matter it looks and feels amazing especially the knurling and suits the head perfectly. It certainly makes me want to try one of his own razors and heads as well.
Add to that a pack of feather pro blades and I’m all set.

View attachment 87866
View attachment 87867

View attachment 87868
A StandoPolsaka Lando 2022 80mm handle to accompany my Yaqi Excalibur handle. It looks and feels amazing, though should have stuck with the 90mm version I originally wanted. No matter it looks and feels amazing especially the knurling and suits the head perfectly. It certainly makes me want to try one of his own razors and heads as well.
Add to that a pack of feather pro blades and I’m all set.
That's a good looking combo!

I saw that Shaving Station had replied to a post that I was waiting for a matching splash to Fine Barber Blue to be available in the UK.

As it's was now available, it would be rude not to! Smells great and a good match for the soap.

I also saw a TGS soap that I liked the look of, so that got chucked in the basket too! From first 'nosing', this smells quite nice.

Attachments

• IMG_20220511_135948__01.jpg
    IMG_20220511_135948__01.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 7
Cool brush Mike. It's a whopper though, 30mm Manchurian HD? That'll be like riding a go kart down a country lane and running into a badger! Nay, more like being ambushed by a whole sett!

A while back I scored the Wickham Gothic Revival soap and balm on the BST and fell in love with it. I've finally got my mitts on the matching splash. Happy chappy. I feel revived, Gothically. I expect I'll have to start listening to Fields of the Nephilim next, or something. Any tips for mascara or clumpy soled boots with metal bits on?! (I'm clearly neo Gothic )

And a tub of Tuscan Oud soap because the notes sounded nice, and you know, free postage over £25. Scent isn't all that strong just from taking the lid off, I'm hoping it develops a bit when you use it...
20220511_183525.jpg

Last edited:
Cool brush Mike. It's a whopper though, 30mm Manchurian HD? That'll be like riding a go kart down a country lane and running into a badger! Nay, more like being ambushed by a whole sett!

A while back I scored the Wickham Gothic Revival soap and balm on the BST and fell in love with it. I've finally got my mitts on the matching splash. Happy chappy. I feel revived, Gothically. I expect I'll have to start listening to Fields of the Nephilim next, or something. Any tips for mascara or clumpy soled boots with metal bits on?! (I'm clearly neo Gothic )

And a tub of Tuscan Oud soap because the notes sounded nice, and you know, free postage over £25. Scent isn't all that strong just from taking the lid off, I'm hoping it develops a bit when you use it...
View attachment 87935
hahahaha i actually seen the Gothic Revival and was going to go for it.
I’m glad you got it.
My Disorder is getting out of control.
That’s 4 brushes in under 3 weeks
it needs to stop

well it dosent need to stop but it should lol

View attachment 87935
The Tuscan Oud splash, which I've just been slapping on, is rather nice, too.

I used the tuscan oud today with my Slim and an Astra SP (3).

Actually the scent does develop a bit in use and I like it. Not quite as much as GR of course, but it's nice and I may get the splash if you think it's good. It makes me think of a mixture of chocolate and incense somehow. Soap performance is also OK but not quite as good as Wickham IMO. Then again I did probably use too much water initially. Had a pleasant shave. Will look at the splash.

Back
Top Bottom