May 2021 Acquisitions

Was only a few quid delivered don’t know how they do it in China it would cost us more for delivery ! My Tattoo artist uses one for his green soap liquid so got the idea from him really thought it would make it easier to control than pouring it out of a bottle which is what I have been doing. Thanks mate
We pay for the cheap Chinese shipping in a round about way:

There was a comment from @mpf9ret in the SOTD posts that his also arrived today and that he believes this is a V1.

Looking again at mine, I can see the tab is a little skewed. It doesn't actually affect the orientation of the blade which sits on the baseplate squarely and when the top cap is dropped through remains lined up with the front comb. I hope the other folks who also bought the last few from this seller are also happy with theirs. @PaulL @mpf9ret ... anyone else?

Either way, nice to have the other one (matte chrome) ... and I suppose nice to have a usable V1 as well.

Do we think it's possible that this razor was designed as a leg shaver? Those indents in the handle are kinda perfect for gripping and dragging the razor with the head trailing rather than with the razor held with the head upright as we do when face shaving.
Blade alignment is fine on mine too.
It would be nice if the blade seating tabs were a little better machined, but I suspect that the plating could have some bearing here (QC doesn't seem to take precision and aesthetics into account)
I'm only one shave in with it, and it shaved well.

Mine was advertised as an Excalibur.
Are there any visual differences between V1 (Excalibur) & V2 (Raster)? @mpf9ret

Blade alignment is fine on mine too.
It would be nice if the blade seating tabs were a little better machined, but I suspect that the plating could have some bearing here (QC doesn't seem to take precision and aesthetics into account)
I'm only one shave in with it, and it shaved well.

Mine was advertised as an Excalibur.
Are there any visual differences between V1 (Excalibur) & V2 (Raster)? @mpf9ret
Not significant apart from the finish inside blade lugs more even, and lug recess not pittred

Not significant apart from the finish inside blade lugs more even, and lug recess not pittred
Thanks Mike

It looks like mine & Paul's are V1 (Excalibur) then
Either way, they seem to shave just fine.

I'm considering using a fine file on the lugs/recesses to see if it makes any difference, as the bade doesn't 'slot' onto the lug as I would expect it to

Wk20 (38).JPG
I don't normally post in here, however, the Emporium has given great service this week for brushes and soap (soap came earlier with the Zenith), also i have been after an ATT CR1 for a while so the Copper brush was the push to pull the trigger on BST across the street.
The fountain pens are something i want to try, the service from Cult-pens was fantastic.

View attachment 69899
I don't normally post in here, however, the Emporium has given great service this week for brushes and soap (soap came earlier with the Zenith), also i have been after an ATT CR1 for a while so the Copper brush was the push to pull the trigger on BST across the street.
The fountain pens are something i want to try, the service from Cult-pens was fantastic.
Always love Lamy's, basically bomb proof and write very well. Always a fan of Diamine as well!

I have been looking at those pens and trying to resist
FWIW Brian,
They are nice, and as a novice a good price with the discount.
They came earlier today, pushed in the fitted cartridge and they both started writing, no issues, they are quite smooth when writing and I found I immediately had a smile on my face taking me back to school.
I am having to re-learn how to write neatly.
My college days sort of killed my handwriting as I sort of created my own scrawly shorthand, jotting through lessons (I found it sank in easier to write as I listened).
Screenshot_20210515-174414_Chrome.jpg
T

Last edited:
My Tatara Masamune arrived yesterday from Portugal. Read lots of reviews, looked at pictures and watched videos but nothing does it justice. Only when you hold it you can trully appreciate the craftsmanship and build quality. I am impressed.
Now I'll start my blade trials to see which will be the best match............I welcome any suggestions.
Pic1.jpg

We pay for the cheap Chinese shipping in a round about way:

Hadn’t realised that but it certainly doesn’t surprise me..to be honest though I don’t really order anything from China normally but it seemed to only option for buying one of these, there didn’t seem to be any UK sellers or I would have ordered from them for a quicker service

Hadn’t realised that but it certainly doesn’t surprise me..to be honest though I don’t really order anything from China normally but it seemed to only option for buying one of these, there didn’t seem to be any UK sellers or I would have ordered from them for a quicker service
The UK retailer would use the same low postal rates to ship the stock in , so if you changed the rates from China it would effect them too , unless of course a comparable product is made in the UK.

The UK retailer would use the same low postal rates to ship the stock in , so if you changed the rates from China it would effect them too , unless of course a comparable product is made in the UK.
That’s very true it’s all manufactured over there so still has to be imported one way or the other, that must also be why spurious items like this aren’t found in the shops here it’s likely not worth competing

Back
Top Bottom