May 2017 Acquisitions

Can you describe the smell?

I know it's meant to be base on an American shaving cream but the name escapes me.

If memory serves (it's been a few years since I've used it) I think it smells like Noxzema shaving cream (in the blue can) and CaD shaving soap by PAA.

It's like just washed bed linen. Hard to explain but just lovely.

Received this Charcoal Razor yesterday; I had seen a few YouTube videos highlighting how wonderful they shave and with the fact that I can pass this down to my sons, it became a no brainer.

I have read and heard that St. James of London shaving creams were top notch and offer great value for the money. I have since learned my lesson of forking money over for just one tub of cream/soap and then not liking it. I have been buying samples of tons of soaps now to figure out what I like/don't like. I went to their site and bought this sample pack for $6.99 and shipping was free (you can't beat that). I am looking forward to trying them out then I'll decide on which one I like the best.

Mail call....My mail bag was stuffed fuller than a Kardashians underwear.
Hone 15a received with thanks from my friend across the pond Howie @Batch300. I'm giving this a whirl later. He kindly included a couple of blades and a sample of Fitjar aftershave gel for me.
Omega S brush. Looks nice but has a weird feeling knot a bit like a paint brush..We'll see on this one a bit springy!
Kai protouch mg blades. No1 for my Mongoose by a long way. D.R. Harris Windsor shave stick for travel use. Scent is good and I've heard good things on performance too. Expensive but hopefully great performance.