Martin de Candre special Edition

Martin de Candre is offering a limited series of their soap with new glass containers.
serie-limitee-savon-a-raser-2.jpg

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.savonaraser.com/presentation-savon-a-raser.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.savonaraser.com/presentation ... raser.html</a><!-- m -->

16€ I think for that particular one Tony, Google language tools proffers this translation

• - "The Butter"

"This limited edition reminds you that your shaving soap is your friend in the morning.
    It's time to get up, time shaving and breakfast arrived. The sweet ritual begins: vitamins, energy, fun, good smells and start the day.
    The small shaving soap "good foot, good eye"!

In a setting of La Rochere glass, 60 grams of paste shaving soap.
    Price 16 € [/list:u]

Bear in mind the standard jar is 170g of product. I'm a bit of a lone fan of this stuff. It works superbly for me. I've used it quite a few times and it still looks unused. A great gift.

Guess no one bit on your WTB post antdad, I have noticed that along with digging out the Prosaso splash I have also started using creams and soft soaps more often recently (hence the spatula thread), must be the warmer weather, or for us up here less colder. I have been using the samples I have been given/bought and racked for later and I am really enjoying the variety each day, when I last used the MDC (not much left now) the smell was still the stand out element for me.

As I said when I got it back in the winter the scent reminds me of holidays and while I still think I have better performing hard soaps such as Penns EF, when using it against other creams it holds its own against the best of them. It was a nice sunny day when I used it and I had a lovely refreshing shave, the spicy lavender was like a Vicks Sinex stick to my nasal passages, the lather was very slick and there was no dryness or tight skin after; overall a very pleasant shave.

Shaving is a journey for me and the hype surrounding the Fitjar creams got me going on another "must try" path, the MDC was another path and I am delighted to have tried it. I don't know if any of then are really "worth it" considering how good the shaves I have been getting from simple creams like Salter, TOBS and plain cheap shave sticks. Creams from these small volume manufacturers such as Fitjar and MDC are areas of exploration I have to try. Will I buy more? I honestly don't now but as long as there is another to try I will probably be in there for a sample or a pot if necessary regardless of financial sense and value for money.

For all the delights I've had, opening endless packages, my outstanding memory so far was opening the package from M de C - the jar, the first sniff, the first lather - irresistible!

Go on Fozz, give in.

This is a bloody good soap, just that the price negates me wanting to make another purchase when there are others that come close to matching it in performance at a far more reasonable price.

Would make a damn fine present though. :hungrig

I second Fido in giving this soap high-praise. I seem to be somewhat stuck on it at the moment and I can't seem to move onto another. Maybe I am becoming a creature of habit and finding the familiarity is rewarding but I find that my skin is saying 'thank you' after I towel off and balm just seems superfluous afterwards. I better get back to using the other stuff and only use MDC as a treat.

Back
Top Bottom