Martin de Candre original. Too soapy?

Hi All,
I am noticing (and of course I am been picky) that MDC while working as a shaving soap, it's also a very good detergent, probably too good.
In other words, at the second and third pass I don't feel an oily film on the skin and the blade is not always gliding well.
This is particularly true if I use a boar brush, where the mechanical action is stronger compared to a synthetic.
What's oyur experience?

Hi All,
I am noticing (and of course I am been picky) that MDC while working as a shaving soap, it's also a very good detergent, probably too good.
In other words, at the second and third pass I don't feel an oily film on the skin and the blade is not always gliding well.
This is particularly true if I use a boar brush, where the mechanical action is stronger compared to a synthetic.
What's oyur experience?
I've had a similar experience with MdC being a little bit on the dry side , I think it just needs plenty of water and it's a soap that will take more water than most before it gets too wet.

Paul.

Never had an issue with MDC in anyway. Except the price but if I can get to the bottom of a jar before my days are up I will be surprised. Just goes on forever.

I use a Cashmere synthetic and a perfect match to its requirements. As pointed out it is thirsty and find having a nice wet face before application helps. I do face lather and don't think it is the kind of soap which is for bowls.

Never had an issue with MDC in anyway. Except the price but if I can get to the bottom of a jar before my days are up I will be surprised. Just goes on forever.

I use a Cashmere synthetic and a perfect match to its requirements. As pointed out it is thirsty and find having a nice wet face before application helps. I do face lather and don't think it is the kind of soap which is for bowls.
I got to the bottom of my mdc fougere in about 6 months :) Loved every second i shaved with it. Have moved onto B&M because of their omnibus base

I've killed two or three large jars. It took a long time. Never had an issue with it using any type of brush. My advice is the same with any cream or soap. Do not be stingy with loading your brush. Do not add water too quickly or too much water.

Together with Acqua Di Parma Barbiere one of the most pleasing soaps there is. Never had any problems with lathering. MdC is an excellent product and very economic in use.

Back
Top Bottom