Martin De Candre Agrumes

5A90FC11-F261-4277-8D63-7612193025DF.jpeg

My first shave with a Martin de Candre soap - using the Simpson T3 Trafalgar, Giles shave bowl, Rex Envoy and Gillette Silver Blue.

I was surprised just how much lather was formed after a pretty light loading of the brush. It took quite a lot of water, which makes sense as this is a fully saponified hard soap.

The citrus scent is very bright and refreshing - and a touch sweet. This would make an excellent summer scent.

The slickness of the soap is excellent, the lather was slick and smooth.

Post shave felt smooth and supple, although without that “Just moisturised” PSF from soaps with added butters and oils. I wouldn’t mind this at all, as the performance for the shave itself was excellent, and from the looks of things the tub could provide an absolute minimum of 300 shaves.

Is it so legendary that you’d feel all other soaps are inferior? I don’t think so. It’s a fantastic, top performing soap and has earned a fond place in my rotation. I’m going to reach for this stuff pretty often.

Last edited:
love love love these soaps. They last FOREVER - I mean years. Only a few scent options, all great, all hitting that not-too-overpowering-not-too-weak spot for me. And fantastic performance -can't fail but get a great lather every time.

Back
Top Bottom