Mama Bears lathering

In anticipation of biting the hand from my postie tomorrow morning as he hands me my 2 mama bears soaps from Badger and Hone I was wondering if there was any difference to obtaining a lather from glycerine soaps than from normal soaps :?:

simmo3801 said:
In anticipation of biting the hand from my postie tomorrow morning as he hands me my 2 mama bears soaps from Badger and Hone I was wondering if there was any difference to obtaining a lather from glycerine soaps than from normal soaps :?:

I don't think so - just make sure you load that brush, and then load it again. At least a minute! Then load it again.

Love Mama Bears - wish it was more widely available over here, the shipping adds up....

John

I find it's best for me (Muhle Brush) to have a reasonably dry brush as the soap lathers really easily & too wet a brush gives a kinda "foamy" and watery lather. A minute or so is fine for me for one WTG pass & one ATG pass ; with plenty left on the brush for those odd wee patches of stubble which always seem to hide in the wrinklies & crevices of my venerable olde face. I've never found MB to be difficult in any way to get a really gr8 lather with, unlike for instance ColonelK which I so often used to find watery & lacking in body when it was my regular.

JohnnyO. (guess if this was another forum I'd be in trouble by now for pushing MB, it's just that it's my personal fave and not that I think it's the "best" soap or cream available.)

JohnnO. :geek:

I wish I had read this before losing my MB cherry tonight :lol:

I got a reasonable lather from my Lime Ice earlier, but I will try loading the brush more tomorrow. I found the soap very dry (in the tub) and had to add quite an amount of water - left my skin feeling nice afterwards though, and not at all dry.

fozz77 said:
jhclare said:
I don't think so - just make sure you load that brush, and then load it again. At least a minute! Then load it again.

John

WOW! How many passes :lol:

joe mcclaine said:
A minute?

:eek:

Is that not normal? :shock: Maybe it's my water, but that's what I need to get a decent 3-4 passes from most of my hard soaps. The softer ones like Cella/Proraso don't need as long, but I do it anyway.

I read in several places that the number one cause of bad lather is not loading enough product onto the brush.

Also, I hate having to re-lather during a shave (I face lather).

John

Just goes to show everyone is different. My Mama bears thats due to arrive wil be my first glycerine soap and i have high expectations. I will lather in much the same way as with Tallow soaps, however I face lather and i tend to reload on each pass, but then i do only have a 3 pass shave so i find it works.

Back
Top Bottom