Macbook Pro

Why do I want (note want not need!!) a new 13" macbook pro. The one I have still has 12 months applecare on it a fast processor (2.4gz core 2 duo) maxed out ram and is in good nick. But the bastards keep sending me e-mails about the new shiny aluminium one.......... :twisted: :twisted: . I am gradually caving in and need help....... :lol: :lol:
After all it's only £1200.00............. :shock: :shock:

missingskin said:
Why do I want (note want not need!!) a new 13" macbook pro. The one I have still has 12 months applecare on it a fast processor (2.4gz core 2 duo) maxed out ram and is in good nick. But the bastards keep sending me e-mails about the new shiny aluminium one.......... :twisted: :twisted: . I am gradually caving in and need help....... :lol: :lol:

Ooo, get you and yer fancy London ways. You've changed since you left Stoke, duck.

Actually, I keep getting emails from Apple about the new iPhone. Must.....resist......

Ian

IanM said:
missingskin said:

Ooo, get you and yer fancy London ways. You've changed since you left Stoke, duck.

Actually, I keep getting emails from Apple about the new iPhone. Must.....resist......

Ian

Resist temptation..............but it looks so nice and shiny and it is sooooo much better than the 3Gs.............. :roll: :roll:

If you sell let me know as I'm thinking of buying another one (we use projectors at church so I'd try and justify it that way!)

Rev-O said:
If you sell let me know as I'm thinking of buying another one (we use projectors at church so I'd try and justify it that way!)

If I do cave in I will put it on here 1st, at least it will save ebay from getting me twice (seller fee and paypal charges !!)

I just specced one up on the US site and they are selling it for the same price... except it's in dollars $$$ works out about £850

Boab said:
I just specced one up on the US site and they are selling it for the same price... except it's in dollars $$$ works out about £850

I know it hacks me off because you cannot buy it off the US site as they will not sell it to you. They tell you to use the uk one......... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

antdad said:
Any issues with power supply and voltage compatibility or are they universal nowadays?

No you can take a macbook anywhere, just have to change the plug which is easy as it just unclips from the power unit which runs on either 110v/60Hz (USA) or 230v /50Hz (UK). You can just use a travel plug set.

as the owner of an aluminium unibody macbook pro, all i can say is Mmmmmm :D

my wife who also owns one asked me to let you know, hers is nearly as good as chocolate :eek:

my son thinks they and the imac upstairs are shit, in comparison to his PC - he's a gamer :?

my wife has just bought a new iPhone 4 (PAYG) from the Apple Store and is ever so slightly excited and can't wait till next week when it is delivered. At which point she can start gloating as she will have leapfrogged my in the 'who's got the best phone competition, one player - her!' , as she trumps my 3GS - like i give a rats arse! :oops: :x ;)

Can you actually make a call on these iJobbies then? I only ask because I know quite a few people with them, but have never seen or heard of them actually using it as a phone... always too busy telling me about the wonderful* apps they have on it to actually call anyone on it or receive a call.

If the battery hadn't breathed its last on my Nokia 2110, (not the post 2110i version that came out next) I'd still have it... worked and survived being run over by a delivery truck at work.

* wonderful in Apple terms seems to be the antonym for what it is in the real world. I think I've seen 2 apps that I was moderately impressed by - but no more.

moodymick said:
as the owner of an aluminium unibody macbook pro, all i can say is Mmmmmm :D

my wife who also owns one asked me to let you know, hers is nearly as good as chocolate :eek:

my son thinks they and the imac upstairs are shit, in comparison to his PC - he's a gamer :?

my wife has just bought a new iPhone 4 (PAYG) from the Apple Store and is ever so slightly excited and can't wait till next week when it is delivered. At which point she can start gloating as she will have leapfrogged my in the 'who's got the best phone competition, one player - her!' , as she trumps my 3GS - like i give a rats arse! :oops: :x ;)

You are not helping here Mick, I am trying to resist buying a macbook pro (I have saved up £400. towards it tho !!!!)......... :shock: :lol:

As far as phones go I don't like the iPhone and have a HTC Desire android, which I pre-ordered in Jan this year and I must say having owned a 3gs iPhone this pisses over it in every way.................. :p :p .........and to HM yes I use it to make calls on and I use most of the FREE (!!) app's that are on it and I don't feel the need to show the world and his dog what apps it has on it.......... :lol: :lol:
Apple are great at getting you hooked on the latest shiny new model of macbook you own already ...................and with such a glowing recommendation from your wife how can I resist...................... :lol: :lol: .................and I have seen a BNIB 15' pro with the i5 processor in it on fleabay for a mere £1250.00........ :cool: :cool: .........and as Apple guarantee is world wide..........hmmm............if I can get £400 for mine that only leaves £450.00 to find... :roll: :roll:.............who am I kidding I may as well just cave in now............but I do enjoy the torment........so maybe wait a month or so........ :roll:

I quite fancy the HTC Desire myself missingskin when my contract needs renewing in november i think
i found a review a while ago somewhere that showed the 10 best smart phones in the world and the then iphone version was in number 2 with the desire in 1st place,

as for PC's main one i use is my samsung NC10 :)

Back
Top Bottom