M&S Harvard aftershave

Former smoker, so taste and smell is somewhat muted ...

Aftershave, for me, is more about performance. How do I feel after application? What I'm after is getting dried off with a good splash of alcohol. Modern aftershaves do put that hydrogenated castor oil thing in, so there is some oiliness, but I tend to find British and American (classic) aftershaves do give me the desired result - so, Brut, Clubman, that sort of thing. Nothing like the icky, tacky feeling I get from Floid or (worse) Myrsol, and I know mentioning those two will have folks who really like those aftershaves wondering what I'm talking about, but I don't like residue from aftershaves and on my skin Floid and Myrsol leave it behind in buckets!

These aftershaves, I'd put very much in the same bracket as Brut - there's a good scent and the splash feels just like that, it's classic British aftershave splash, nicely alcoholic, initially drying but with that tinge of oil in there as it's the 2020s now, not the 1970s ... and we're all a bit softer than our Dads were.

Scent? Yep! Pleasant. Pleasant but fleeting, although the Sandalwood does come back when you're not expecting it to do so ...

The Sandalwood is a nicely setup sweet and spicy woody frag that works as well with a woody soap as a floral soap. It's buttery and well rounded. Lovely after Wickham's Buddha Wood or English Rose. The Vetiver is indeed woody and rhizomatic, by which it does that spritzy whirl up your nose and absolutely announces itself. Lovely after Wickham's Frankincense.

Yep! I can't fault them - if it's a straight-up aftershave you're after and you've been looking at Brut or Old Spice, you'll be very happy with what you get here. I am!

Just got some Vetiver in today. I like it. I use an aftershave as an alcohol splash after a shave. I prefer an EDP or EDT for the lasting scent. The Harvard does that job well.....smells great for a short time so it doesn't interfere with my fragrance and is very good value for money

Is their Vetiver close to some other vetivers on the market? Like MdC or Fine Green? Thanks
I am afraid I haven't tried either of those. It starts off with a hit of citrus and then dries down to the woodsy base quite quickly. Not as earthy as the MdC soap. It made me think a little of Guerlain Vetiver.....but with my nose.....I may be completely wrong!

Back
Top Bottom