Lurker now registered

hunnymonster said:
Blade shim = something to make the blade thicker (in the centre section) so older razors can hold it more tightly (back in the original day, the blades were considerably thicker than modern blades)

Ahhh! Another day, another lesson. Cheers HM

rangers62 said:
hunnymonster said:
Blade shim = something to make the blade thicker (in the centre section) so older razors can hold it more tightly (back in the original day, the blades were considerably thicker than modern blades)

I thought it was a spacer placed under the blade that packed it out and made for a more aggressive shave by raising the blade and increasing the gap?

Rev-O said:
rangers62 said:
hunnymonster said:

I thought it was a spacer placed under the blade that packed it out and made for a more aggressive shave by raising the blade and increasing the gap?

Ahhh! Another day, another lesson. Cheers Rev-O :?

This is starting to sound like a shims tea party!

Blyth Spirit said:
What ho Tony, welcome from another OC fan!

Merkur 11C tomorrow, a bit of Teutonic austerity for a Sunday.

;)
RetroGrouch on B&B posts:
"I just read one of Ian Fleming's short stories about James Bond, "007 in New York", so I thought I'd resurrect this thread...
In a paragraph in which Bond lists the shops worth visiting in New York, this appears:
"Hoffritz on Madison Avenue for one of their heavy, toothed Gillette-type razors, so much better than Gillette's own product"."

In view of the fact that Hoffritz were badge-engineered Merkurs, I would say you could change your signature to "Spirit, Blythe Spirit"

Back
Top Bottom