Lord L6 DE Razor

I purchased the Lord L6 on a whim. What a wonderful shaver, even the lightweight aluminium handle seems to just work with this razor.

With its Merkur type head design, I found it to be a medium efficient shaver, smooth and comfortable. The blade aligns spot on, the chrome finish, whilst not great is certainly no worse than Merkur's.

The love for this razor is justly deserved; paired with a Lord Asco Orange blade and a Arko shaving stick it illustrates beautifully you do not need to spend big to get a wonderful luxurious shave. The Lord L6 now has a well deserved place in my razor rotation.

Today, if I was recommending kit to a new shaver, I would say purchase a Lord L6, a selection of Lord blades, a stick of Arko and Derby shaving soap and any Omega boar brush that takes your fancy or a Simpson Trafalgar synthetic brush and enjoy wonderful, luxuriant shaves for not very much.

The razor cost me less than £5 delivered from La Barberia! my best purchase so far in 2021.

View attachment 75651
Agreed on all points apart from the blade. I tried Lords and Sharks and struggled. Switched to Gillette 7 o'clocks and Derby and it worked well. I was going to move it on, but actually PIFd another one and keot the L6 in the end!

I am convinced that one of the reasons the Lord L6 shaves so well, is not only because of its head geometry but also it's long, thin, lightweight, aluminium handle. I suspect some shavers first thoughts with this razor is to stick a heavy stainless steel handle on it, but for me the stock handle affords this razor a certain je ne sais quoi, allowing the razor to be angled with ease and giving precision and agility in use. The shaving angle falls comfortably and intuitively to hand and I find you can even grip the end of the handle and still shave with gay abandon. Having tried the Lord L6 handle on other razors it just does not afford other razors the same feel in the hand or agility and at the moment, I am unable to articulate why this should be the case.

My preferences for a daily use DE razor, is a short handle, agilie, compact head, medium aggressiveness, blade-forward / some blade feel, balance point towards the top of the handle, some audible feedback and a weight of approximately 60g - 85g. The Lord L6, or to give my version it's correct designation, the Lord Smart S625 (aka improved L6), is an agile, medium aggressive, lightweight but head heavy razor with a long, lightweight, pencil thin handle and clearly built to a price point. And yet, counterintuitively, the Lord L6 feels great in the hand and in use, to the point that it fits me better than some of my razors costing significantly more. This Egyptian diamond in the rough, hailing from Alexandria, stands on the top of a hill, jumps up and down and waves a flag, shouting — more money may get you a machined metal of your choice, more exacting tolerances and a jewellery finish, but it does not necessarilly get you a better shave, a better feel in the hand or give you a bigger smile.

1629570640968.png

Last edited:
If you're somewhere that sells Cien (eg Lidl) then the Cien Men Q10 Hydroage moisturising face cream is well worth a try. I put it on after shaving and it's lovely and rich, sinks in well, and does not sting, ever, regardless of the preceding shave. It's a very lightly scent, and although the Baxter ASB has something lovely about the smell, I do find it can sting a bit and leaves your face feeling 'coated'. (I still like Baxter)

Hmmm ... not on mine. In fact, the baseplate is surprisingly thick ... hence me wondering just exacly how it compares to the late Techs. Pretty damn close side by side. I got mine from RBC.
Agree well made, only fault cast marks not fettled off either side of the head, visual doesn't effect the shave, similar shave to a Gillette Tech.

I read that the Lord L6 (LP1822L) is now sold with a shorter handle.
Although the product advertised is the old, with long handle.
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004N77JVY/
MjGApmD.jpg

Back
Top Bottom