Loom Strop advice

jds

Hello all,

I have now purchased a Loom strop with a view to using it to strop my SE blades (especially the Heljestrand and Wilkinson Sword wedge blades).

This is the strop http://www.shaving-shack.com/dual-leather-hand-strop.html.

My question is do I need anything further or can I just strop away on leather side? I do have some Dovo strop balm, but I use this to maintain the leather rather than affect the sharpening of the blade (if that makes sense).

If anyone can provide some assistance / pointers etc I'd be most grateful. Thanks

Jon

? Does the 'Green' side have 'paste' on it already?? If pasted; I'd say: game on!
If you have the holders for the blades I'd give it a go... After you practice with a blank or really, really, dull blade so you don't cut up the new strop!!!

Jon if the Wedges have been honed then just stropping should be adequate. If you are tempted to get some green Chromium Oxide paste then don't do too many passes and ensure you wipe the blade before going on to your new leather strop. There is some good information in the Straight Razor sticky that applies equally to these SE blades.

UKRob said:
Jon if the Wedges have been honed then just stropping should be adequate. If you are tempted to get some green Chromium Oxide paste then don't do too many passes and ensure you wipe the blade before going on to your new leather strop. There is some good information in the Straight Razor sticky that applies equally to these SE blades.

Thanks Rob... you know those blades have been honed!

The strop is pasted, so no need for additional green paste.

Appreciate, as ever, your advice.

Jon

Back
Top Bottom