Looking for tallow based, floral (lavender) mildly scented soap

Either the Cyril R Salter or D.R. Harris soaps are probably your best option.

It's not tallow but the T&H Ultimate Comfort shaving cream is very good and has a nice light lavender scent.
tried the salter hard soap... not sure I lathered it properly as it's the first hard soap I use BUT... it worked amazingly well. plenty of protection even with a quite thin layer. and the post is really super nice, nothing to envy to the Stirling which is 4 x more expensive. scent is minimal which is what I was looking for... thanks for the suggestion.
How do you keep the hard soap? Guess has not to sit damp but should be air dried?

tried the salter hard soap... not sure I lathered it properly as it's the first hard soap I use BUT... it worked amazingly well. plenty of protection even with a quite thin layer. and the post is really super nice, nothing to envy to the Stirling which is 4 x more expensive. scent is minimal which is what I was looking for... thanks for the suggestion.
How do you keep the hard soap? Guess has not to sit damp but should be air dried?
Glad to hear it's worked for you. I treat my hard soaps like all my others - leave them to air for 8 hours after use then put away in their sealed container. Obvious you'll need to source a container for the salter soap.

When using the hard soap, load your brush for longer than you would with Stirling's as your brush will need to work harder to lift the soap. Also, don't be afraid to bloom the soap for a minute if it helps.

Back
Top Bottom