Looking for a top end soap recommendation

Well in the end I went for Trumpers Almond which lathers in seconds and provides an excellent shave!I was tempted by the Eucris but really just wanted a very traditional soap which is why I went for the almond.

I like! :D

French Blade,
You are a cruel and unforgiving man ! - though least you didn't include having to drink warm beer ! :D
-------------------------------------------------
SirPrize,
Yes it's got very little if any fragrance ( my sense of smell is not as sharp as others however ) and it lathers beautifully ( much faster than the ThreeT's for example ) even with my relatively hard water supply. I have another tub of BBP on order and when it arrives I 'd be more than happy to send you a sample if you'd like to give it a go.
Its strongest point is it's moisturizing which I find betters that of MWF or Institut Karite or CF or Cella etc. Once again however I believe that the sometimes extreme differences in opinion regarding soaps and creams can largely be attributed to the pH level of the water supply. As such, YMMV.
JohnnyO,
LOL !!! - :D
Simmo,
For what it's worth, I don't think too many people would argue with your selection of any of the Three T's or for that matter DR Harris soaps or creams.
At the risk of sounding like a know it all, I don't know if you've tried it but the Real shaving Company ( who allegedly make the Three T's soaps and creams ) sell a plain packaged 100ml tube of cream ( under the RS brand ) for just a few dollars ( ebay ) that IMO equals that of Trumpers and Taylors though maybe not quite that of Truefitt and Hill.
Anmyway enjoy that lovely Trumpers Almond ! :) - Oh Yeah !

Andsomebodyspoke said:
French Blade,
You are a cruel and unforgiving man ! - though least you didn't include having to drink warm beer ! :D

I'm quite liberal in my consumption of beer - the only reason it's so cold in Australia is to mask the lack of any taste or body.

Not all English beer is served warm like you Antipodeans like to make out - certainly in my my old stomping ground of the Northern Counties (that's Cumberland, Westmorland, Northumberland & Durham) of England it's all served "cool" at the warmest - no more than 4-5C

Go further south (and it starts immediately you cross the Tees) and it's like warm tea, but still has (a) body and (b) flavour. I'm thinking hard and the only Aussie brew I can think of that actually stood out is Cooper's Sparkling Ale - even then, very muted in the flavour department. The rest of it is basically tinned wind.

hunnymonster said:
Andsomebodyspoke said:
French Blade,

I'm quite liberal in my consumption of beer - the only reason it's so cold in Australia is to mask the lack of any taste or body.
the only Aussie brew I can think of that actually stood out is Cooper's Sparkling Ale - even then, very muted in the flavour department. The rest of it is basically tinned wind.

Hunnymonster, no need to be quite so diplomatic, your among friends, please don't hold back, tell us what you really think about Aussie beer! :lol:
(Actually I don't care much for OZ beer either.)

I prefer the lighter, drier, more delicate flavored beers, i.e. German Becks, Belgium Stella Artois, Italian Perroni, Canadian Coors, Mexican Corona etc.
Having said all that I'm principally a red wine drinker.
Now Aussie reds - Oh yeah baby !!! - Bring it on !!!!!

I did use RS cream for many years before DE shaving so I had a few tubes left still. I prefer soaps now as opposed to creams however which is why I wanted to treat myself.

Back
Top Bottom