London brush stockists?

Hi all,

I know the likes of Vulfix make brushes for Taylors. I believe many of Taylors (and Trumpers?) brushes are made by Vulfix (correct me if I'm wrong!)

What i want to know is, are there any bricks and mortar stores that sell originally branded brushes?

I want to go and see some Rooney, Simpsons, Vulfix, etc in their original form so I can hold them and compare them!

The one time online shopping isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Regards,

John

Try Jermyn St. and St.james St. (Piccadilly Tube) and you will find yourself in Brush Heaven!
Treat yourself to a whole afternoon inspecting brushes (and other products) but above all only bring with you the measured amount of cash you have agreed to spend - do not bring your credit card!

excellent link, I love looking at photo trips like this. Interestingly I tried to join SMF a few months before I found B&B but the admin never approved my application, who knows if it had gone through we may not be posting here right now!

Boab said:
excellent link, I love looking at photo trips like this. Interestingly I tried to join SMF a few months before I found B&B but the admin never approved my application, who knows if it had gone through we may not be posting here right now!

Hmm, banned from one forum, refused admission to another, not sure my ego could take that :lol:

it's a conspiracy!!!! I don't know if it was admin validation or that email that comes through to open the account either way it never arrived.

Thanks guys.

I've been to many shops you mention, but many of the brushes are simply re-branded ones.

I want to know if there is anywhere that sells actual Simpson, Rooney, etc, that you know of?

I've never tried Maitlands, will give that a shot!

John

It's not London but the best selection of branded brushes I've seen in a shop is at the Gentleman's Shop in Hungerford. Simpsons, Kent and Edwin Jagger brushes along with all the other usual shaving stuff. Their web site is here. If you are in the area it's well worth a look.
The Jermyn Street shops have a huge selection brushes but most of them are house branded and probably made by Vulfix. However you may find some made by Rooney, Plisson, Simpsons and others. Simpsons, as you probably know, are now made by Vulfix.

cheers

Pete

philamac said:
John
Maitlands is no longer trading
No - really? - I have one of their brushes - logo quite worn off with use but I remember buying it there years ago.
Glad I re-knotted it recently.
Ave Maitland - tondeo te salutant!

SirPrize said:
No - really? - I have one of their brushes - logo quite worn off with use but I remember buying it there years ago.
Glad I re-knotted it recently.
Ave Maitland - tondeo te salutant!

It was a great place but i only visited it twice, once to buy a face flannel, and another time to buy dental floss....ooohhh the glamour of it all. They had everything, but I suppose they no longer had a USP. They were in Shaveland central and all the other stuff like toothpaste and Right-guard can be got at the Jermyn St Tesco.

Jermyn St Tesco - something about that sounds not right.

@Rev - o it is good to be here!

Back
Top Bottom