Local Finds & Bargains

@pjgh you just reminded me mate because of your post about the yaqi helmet on the thread

I got this cheapo de razor from a local shop, thought I'd use it for manscaping as my Wilkinson sword plastic just broke as in the twisty bit of the head that goes in on the handle, so I thought I'll use this cheapy one anyways whilst opening it out the package I notice the handle is quite nice with decent weight to it, head feels cheapy but that's what you get for a couple of quid but flipping heck I was surprised when I saw the blade exposure, serious amount of exposure on this de razor, I've decided to use it for head shaving instead and I'm intrigued to see how it performs

Here's a few pics for you all,
to show you what I mean by the blade exposure

View attachment 77474View attachment 77475

That is pretty minimalist - it puts me in mind of old-school medical prep razors!

That is pretty minimalist - it puts me in mind of old-school medical prep razors!
why were those old school medical prep razors designed like that specifically do you know mate? as in like thats a lot of blade exposure

@pjgh you just reminded me mate because of your post about the yaqi helmet on the thread

I got this cheapo de razor from a local shop, thought I'd use it for manscaping as my Wilkinson sword plastic just broke as in the twisty bit of the head that goes in on the handle, so I thought I'll use this cheapy one anyways whilst opening it out the package I notice the handle is quite nice with decent weight to it, head feels cheapy but that's what you get for a couple of quid but flipping heck I was surprised when I saw the blade exposure, serious amount of exposure on this de razor, I've decided to use it for head shaving instead and I'm intrigued to see how it performs

Here's a few pics for you all,
to show you what I mean by the blade exposure

View attachment 77474View attachment 77475
The baseplate doesn't look that much thicker than the blade! Push it against something sturdy and you've just bought yourself a very cheap adjustable :ROFLMAO:

I have a vintage Souplex Old Type that was supposedly used for trimming hairy patients bits, I mean those to be operated upon…

What’s the best deal on ARKO these days? 12 sticks I mean.

Mind you I am hoping that Kent will do their 33% off everything plus free postage Black Friday doo-dah so I can raid them for MWF. If they don’t, I may have to go ARKO.

just grabbed these molton brown ultra pure milk soap from a local shop 6 for £1, looks like they must've been for the wynn resort, just had a quick google search and it seems wynn resorts is in Las Vegas USA and it actually looks nice lol, either way proper bargain!

View attachment 75644
This will not have been produced by Molton Brown but one of four large companies that produce toiletries for the hotel industry.

Hi guys, I'm new here but i found what I think is a bargain. It wasn't a local find per say, but I was perusing my local wilkos and found a small bowl that looked good for lathering. At 2 quid I gave it a try, got 3 of the now lol. The inside pattern is actually slightly raised, I love them, they are only the 2nd bowl I've tried though

Attachments

• 20211019_004310.jpg
    20211019_004310.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20211019_004217.jpg
    20211019_004217.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 13
For those of you in this part of the world, TKMax in Lisburn has Proraso cans of shaving foam in stock! I've never used it, but at £2.99 I couldn't say no to a can of red. They have 2 cans of Red left and 3 of the Blue. Never seen Proraso in there before - who knows, maybe they'lo get in some tubes of cream one day.

guys just a quick heads up,
I don't know if youve used the antiseptic ointment zam buk before?
It's really good stuff made in south africa but it's cheap in savers for £1.79 for 20g tin, the savers zam buk seems to be made in Tamworth England

Cheapest on ebay for 7g of zam buk is £2.80 and 20g is £4.49

IMG_20211108_134145.jpg

Nice set of ingredients! Menthol and camphor and thyme ... which puts it perhaps bit like Deep Freeze, but more like 3P Prep. I like the old-fashioned graphics. Is it a cream or a balm? Water based (washes straight off) or oily (like Vaseline)?
yea it's oily like vaseline and one tin lasts a long time

what i really like is, it doesnt sting like other antiseptics and smells nice too, not a strong smell but a nice subtle one

btw the small tin in the pic I think is from south africa

IMG_20211108_185842.jpgIMG_20211108_185932.jpg

Back
Top Bottom