Local Finds & Bargains

next time im around those sides ill grab a couple and pif them too,
ill be thinking of you and the gaffer @Tony'schin lol :)

ill check out the yemen shop too, they may have some arabian imported shaving creams too

tbh theres loads of nice looking tea/coffee in the asian/arab shops,
its all good getting it but its all about knwoing how to make it tbh

i did get some pink kashmiri tea and karak coffee from this little shop in an pakistani sweet shop recently, was a bit pricey at £11 for 600g 300g split but that pink tea was well nice, all you do is add hot water and sugar/honey as its got dried milk in it

img_20210803_190604-jpg.97599

There are a few Turkish places near where I live, I bought Arko, and a few Turkish aftershaves there. No Yemen, Arab places though.

The Pink Tea and Karak Coffee looks great.

Next time you pass Ambala get yourself a packet or two of Rasmalai.

Uncle Donny says yes you can, so you can.

The pistachio milk in the container is some truly mind blowing shit.

There are a few Turkish places near where I live, I bought Arko, and a few Turkish aftershaves there. No Yemen, Arab places though.

The Pink Tea and Karak Coffee looks great.

Next time you pass Ambala get yourself a packet or two of Rasmalai.

Uncle Donny says yes you can, so you can.

The pistachio milk in the container is some truly mind blowing shit.
the pink tea was nice but the karak coffeee is a bit mehhhhh

not sure wherew in london youre from mate but just pop into your local chai wala for some karak chai, youll love it mate :)

yea ambala is nice, tbh i normally get my indian sweets from a shop called mushtaqs on stratford road in brum

mushtaqs is a pakistani sweet shop where as im pretty sure ambala is indian, so the difference is that the pakistani sweets are generally larger in size and you get more for your moneys worth but imo the indian sweets have more variety and are smaller in size

mate i love rasmalai its really really nice and also gulab jamaan

if you ever go to ambala not sure if they sell it but try out kaju barfi its made of cashew nuts so so long as you dont have a nut allergy and you like cashews youll love it mate, me and my mrs love it, its one of our favourite indian sweet, btw its an indian sweet not pakistani

kaju-barfi_650x400_71501923806.jpg

I make my own gulab jamun (very) occasionally. Delicious, but when you look at how much oil and sugar you use it makes you pause! In Slough there's a handful of sweet shops, one of them is brilliant, it's almost like an old fashioned English sweet shop, wooden shelves and loads of delicious looking stuff. I never know what to ask for though and I swear the guy probably wonders what I'm even doing in there in the first place. Mind you is easy to spend too much money.

the pink tea was nice but the karak coffeee is a bit mehhhhh

not sure wherew in london youre from mate but just pop into your local chai wala for some karak chai, youll love it mate :)

yea ambala is nice, tbh i normally get my indian sweets from a shop called mushtaqs on stratford road in brum

mushtaqs is a pakistani sweet shop where as im pretty sure ambala is indian, so the difference is that the pakistani sweets are generally larger in size and you get more for your moneys worth but imo the indian sweets have more variety and are smaller in size

mate i love rasmalai its really really nice and also gulab jamaan

if you ever go to ambala not sure if they sell it but try out kaju barfi its made of cashew nuts so so long as you dont have a nut allergy and you like cashews youll love it mate, me and my mrs love it, its one of our favourite indian sweet, btw its an indian sweet not pakistani

kaju-barfi_650x400_71501923806.jpg

I live in Tooting, there are a number of mithai/sweet shops, a few Pakistani, one Punjabi, a few Gujarati and a few South Indian ones up the road.

They all have certain things they do better than others, but I have my favourites, but that changes, but you can't beat the classics of Gulab Jamun and so on.

All the places have roughly the same price per kg, I think those price fix!

Your place in Brum looks the bomb.

That looks out of this world.

I make my own gulab jamun (very) occasionally. Delicious, but when you look at how much oil and sugar you use it makes you pause! In Slough there's a handful of sweet shops, one of them is brilliant, it's almost like an old fashioned English sweet shop, wooden shelves and loads of delicious looking stuff. I never know what to ask for though and I swear the guy probably wonders what I'm even doing in there in the first place. Mind you is easy to spend too much money.

The sugar and oil is the good stuff!

Seriously though kudos to you for making your own.

As for not knowing what to ask for, you can get a mixed box if you ask, many do. It's a good way to try a lot of things and sometimes the unexpected choices can have some positive surprises.

Yeah I like trying stuff out. It would be too easy to just get gulab jamun, jalabee, pista barfi and carrot halwa all the time. There's a Royal Sweet place underneath slough Tesco that have a nice, well lit selection. Plenty of choice for a non expert, but I reckon matey in the dark old fashioned shop near the old Horlicks factory has some eclectic gems hidden away.

Yeah I like trying stuff out. It would be too easy to just get gulab jamun, jalabee, pista barfi and carrot halwa all the time. There's a Royal Sweet place underneath slough Tesco that have a nice, well lit selection. Plenty of choice for a non expert, but I reckon matey in the dark old fashioned shop near the old Horlicks factory has some eclectic gems hidden away.
I love gajar (carrot) halwa, absolutely amazing stuff

Some excellent choices my friend!

They are classics for a reason.

I think you are underselling yourself! If you can make Gulab Jamun's I think you are pretty well versed!

I love gajar (carrot) halwa, absolutely amazing stuff

Spot on. I had it a wedding when it was served warm with vanilla ice cream, it was dynamite.

just grabbed these molton brown ultra pure milk soap from a local shop 6 for £1, looks like they must've been for the wynn resort, just had a quick google search and it seems wynn resorts is in Las Vegas USA and it actually looks nice lol, either way proper bargain!

IMG_20210820_125738.jpg

Hello people, see many people posting their online bargains like eBay etc, so I was wondering what's your local Finds and bargains you found?

Was in a shop looking for something and stumbled across this double edge razor and shavettet, all together for £4 which imo is a bargain, thought might as well grab it, the guy at the till was like do you need blades, I was like ermmmm I got like over 400 lool

Anyways I'm interested to see your local Finds and bargains

On a side note these asian shops are brilliant for getting stainless steel bowls, coppers bowls and in general shaving bowls but you have to think a bit out the box imo, anyways just a heads up

View attachment 71971View attachment 71972View attachment 71973

@pjgh you just reminded me mate because of your post about the yaqi helmet on the thread

I got this cheapo de razor from a local shop, thought I'd use it for manscaping as my Wilkinson sword plastic just broke as in the twisty bit of the head that goes in on the handle, so I thought I'll use this cheapy one anyways whilst opening it out the package I notice the handle is quite nice with decent weight to it, head feels cheapy but that's what you get for a couple of quid but flipping heck I was surprised when I saw the blade exposure, serious amount of exposure on this de razor, I've decided to use it for head shaving instead and I'm intrigued to see how it performs

Here's a few pics for you all,
to show you what I mean by the blade exposure

IMG_20210925_125449.jpgIMG_20210925_125411.jpg

Back
Top Bottom