Local Finds & Bargains

Nice one saj.
I've been using this witch hazel for a while and usually buy it from Superdrug. It wasn't that long ago it was less than £2 so it seems they really ramped up the price. I'll stock up on a couple of bottles from Savers before they follow suit. Cheers
Yea why not if you can save a few quid

I like savers they generally have the erasmic shaving stuff and have the full range of supermax cartridge razors,
never tried those out though

got an email from leaf shave, seems like they'll have some black friday deals, not sure whats exactly on offer though

which soap you use?

I use pine tar soap as a shampoo, best thing ever, I love the smell and it literally strips everything off the beard
I just use any plain soap i can find really, just anything without a strong scent or added chemicals if i can.

Wifey uses Dove soap which seems decent and she had some bars of Johnsons baby soap with added Honey, so i tried one of them and they work well for a pre-shave face wash. I am convinced that washing your face well really helps prep the skin and facial hair for a drama free shave.

Credit where its due, it was one of @pjgh's suggestions on here a while back, so i tried it and it really works. I have a jar of Proraso menthol pre-shave which i wont be replacing as soap and water seem every bit as effective.

I just use any plain soap i can find really, just anything without a strong scent or added chemicals if i can.

Wifey uses Dove soap which seems decent and she had some bars of Johnsons baby soap with added Honey, so i tried one of them and they work well for a pre-shave face wash. I am convinced that washing your face well really helps prep the skin and facial hair for a drama free shave.

Credit where its due, it was one of @pjgh's suggestions on here a while back, so i tried it and it really works. I have a jar of Proraso menthol pre-shave which i wont be replacing as soap and water seem every bit as effective.
Ive uses pears soap as preshave and it does the job really well

I got proraso preshave and I always use it but I like trying out different soaps for preshave

Got this and I'm yet to try it and got a few other soap bars from morrison's, really cheap too

Wright's Cleansing Traditional Soap with Coal Tar Fragrance, 125g
@Zorro talking about soaps, I'd love to make my own at home, I think you've inspired me to start researching it, will see if there's any tutorials on YouTube and google

another soap I've got which is rated very highly is african black soap, never tried it as a preshave but this stuff is amazing for acne eczema etc, I get it from my local afro shops, cheaper then online too

Ive uses pears soap as preshave and it does the job really well

I got proraso preshave and I always use it but I like trying out different soaps for preshave

Got this and I'm yet to try it and got a few other soap bars from morrison's, really cheap too

Wright's Cleansing Traditional Soap with Coal Tar Fragrance, 125g
@Zorro talking about soaps, I'd love to make my own at home, I think you've inspired me to start researching it, will see if there's any tutorials on YouTube and google

another soap I've got which is rated very highly is african black soap, never tried it as a preshave but this stuff is amazing for acne eczema etc, I get it from my local afro shops, cheaper then online too
Pears contains SLS this will not be good for you if suffer from acne or any other skin conditions. Always read the label.

Sulphur soap is great for many skin conditions.

seen these in lidl today, don't personally need them but thought I'd take some pics and share if it helps anyone,
thought it could be good to keep blades etc in

Not bad for a fiver too

IMG_20211130_142338.jpg

Back
Top Bottom