Local Finds & Bargains

D

Deleted member 12673

Hello people, see many people posting their online bargains like eBay etc, so I was wondering what's your local Finds and bargains you found?

Was in a shop looking for something and stumbled across this double edge razor and shavettet, all together for £4 which imo is a bargain, thought might as well grab it, the guy at the till was like do you need blades, I was like ermmmm I got like over 400 lool

Anyways I'm interested to see your local Finds and bargains

On a side note these asian shops are brilliant for getting stainless steel bowls, coppers bowls and in general shaving bowls but you have to think a bit out the box imo, anyways just a heads up

IMG_20210619_192618.jpgIMG_20210619_192540.jpgIMG_20210619_192524.jpg

hey people I was wondering what's the average price for the Nivea shaving sticks?

that bad? lool

well i did think might as well get it an use as a container when im done with it

Ha ha Saj.

No, I didn't mean to say that! I've not used it, but you don't need to use both at the same time. I'd take one of the container and wrap it foil and put it away so you have that container to use for an Arko stick.

It's not a slight against the Nivea soap, more to profess my appreciation for Arko.

@donnie_arko next time i'll take some close ups of the labels, will be interesting to see where theyre from specifically and the ingredients

It seems like it could be pretty good.

Seriously, buy them all the next time you see them. It's rare as anything.

IMO, subcontinent shaving items do not get as much credit as they deserve. Some great Indian made blades (eg Gillette Winner/7 Black), and Treet from Pakistan make some excellent blades as well, the Yellow Dura Sharp is top quality.

It seems like it could be pretty good.

Seriously, buy them all the next time you see them. It's rare as anything.

IMO, subcontinent shaving items do not get as much credit as they deserve. Some great Indian made blades (eg Gillette Winner/7 Black), and Treet from Pakistan make some excellent blades as well, the Yellow Dura Sharp is top quality.
If it rare I might grab some, got loads of Arko to go through though lol

Yea not all but some south asian men get facial hair at a young age tbh so I'm not surprised if they have good products bit like the turkish fellas too, they get a lot of facial hair too and have good products too

Don't know if you seen barber turko on YouTube, he does good vids as he's a turkish barber and he mentioned they (turk barbers) seem to like using this lemon aftershave, saw a similar one on Amazon uk, only like a fiver might try it out

@3:23 of this vid

Yea not all but some south asian men get facial hair at a young age tbh so I'm not surprised if they have good products bit like the turkish fellas too, they get a lot of facial hair too and have good products too

I've got family in the subcontinent, and the last time I made a trip there, the shaving culture for most men is they have a local barbershop shave once a week/two weeks etc when the barber will use a half a DE blade in a shavette.

In the part of India I went to, I remember seeing the cost of a single Gillette plastic disposable razor is a few more INR than having a barbershop shave, I imagine there is a similar culture in Pakistan as well.

I've got family in the subcontinent, and the last time I made a trip there, the shaving culture for most men is they have a local barbershop shave once a week/two weeks etc when the barber will use a half a DE blade in a shavette.

In the part of India I went to, I remember seeing the cost of a single Gillette plastic disposable razor is a few more INR than having a barbershop shave, I imagine there is a similar culture in Pakistan as well.
next time im around those sides ill grab a couple and pif them too,
ill be thinking of you and the gaffer @Tony'schin lol :)

ill check out the yemen shop too, they may have some arabian imported shaving creams too

tbh theres loads of nice looking tea/coffee in the asian/arab shops,
its all good getting it but its all about knwoing how to make it tbh

i did get some pink kashmiri tea and karak coffee from this little shop in an pakistani sweet shop recently, was a bit pricey at £11 for 600g 300g split but that pink tea was well nice, all you do is add hot water and sugar/honey as its got dried milk in it

img_20210803_190604-jpg.97599

Back
Top Bottom