Loake - After sales

ChopperHarris said:
moodymick said:
I have a couple of pairs, but my favourite brogues could do with a spruce up. Anyone used their re-sole / heel refurb service?

I have and wasn't much impressed - there was a bit of discussion in this thread:

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=27369&highlight=loake+sole

Ta Chops. I probably will go back to them as my dealings in the past have been very friendly. Fortunately I don't need to get them sorted until summer, so plenty of time to mull it over - or accidently buy yet another pair:blush:

moodymick said:
Ta Chops. I probably will go back to them as my dealings in the past have been very friendly. Fortunately I don't need to get them sorted until summer, so plenty of time to mull it over - or accidently buy yet another pair:blush:

You might well get a better experience than I did - hopefully so! - but the cost of my refurb wasn't far off the cost of a new pair of shoes (£75) and so my expectations were high as a result.

Post your feedback if you do go down that route - I'd be interested to know how it goes for you.

I've used the manufacturer's repair service in the past - not Loake but another well known name. I've also had Church's shoes completely re-soled at Timpsons and they were just as good. Their premium sole and re-heel servive cost about £60 at the time.

Back
Top Bottom