Lime Cream Fans Unite

Absolute favourite scent lime but after trying the GFT lime cream and after having a reaction I've left well alone. Must admit had my eye on the Castle Forbes but keep putting it off in case I get the same result

This, even better now they do it in 100ml tubes as well as the 275ml

Not a fan of tubes, shame this doesn't come in a tub. The 275g bag thing looks ridiculous! I'll try this someday but if they haven't brought it out in a tub by then I'll have to decant the whole lot into a spare tub!

Still the best is MWF, laid in an empty plastic container from another soap. Add enough water to cover the soap. Add lime essential oils, leave it overnight or even a couple of dahys. Empty water out.

Bingo, a fabulous lime version of MWF.

What a good idea, thank you for sharing it with us.
I've followed your instructions and I can't wait to try it, smelling good so far.

I wasn't sure how much oil to use so I decided on 5ml in a 240ml container, with a plan to repeat the process if it's not enough the first time. I guess the amount of water I used was around 50ml.

Outgoing: TOBS Lime Zest
Incoming: Proraso Azur Lime

CE778D7D-8D5B-4572-884A-3D544CEBF998.jpeg

TOBS Lime Zest:
Another excellent lime cream. Description on bottom of tub sticker reads: ‘An uplifting fragrance of fresh Lime & Orange complimented by mid notes of Lavendar & Tarragon with undertones of Patchouli & Cedarwood.’ I was a little concerned when I saw mention of lavender as I’m not a fan of it, also hoped it wouldn’t be too orangey. It’s a pleasant scent and perfectly well performing cream. I’d rate it just a notch under T&H, GFT & CF in terms of the scent as I preferred those, but I liked it enough to use it for every shave for about 5 months until the tub ran out, and would certainly recommend that any lime fans try it. I love the packaging though. I have a thing for black tubs so will keep this to use with. . .

Proraso Azur Lime. Recommended on last page, wanted to try as I’ve never used a Proraso cream, but do use their pre-shaves & balms. Not really a fan of the bag so will have fun squeezing it into my recycled bowl. Presuming I like the stuff, this should see me through to Autumn.

Last edited:
I don't have any previous experience of lime shaving creams (I don't include Jagger's lime & pomegranate since that just smells like jaffa cakes to me), but recently acquired a Captain's Choice lime.

It's a powerful scent - opening the jar was like sticking my nose into neat lime cordial, and shaving with it had me thinking about having a gimlet the entire time. Not my usual train of thought at 7am. No complaints about performance, either.

Proraso Azur Lime: I can’t fault the performance of this cream but it’s the least lime smelling lime cream of any I’ve tried. Not sure how best to describe it really, but it has a strange almost smokey scent. I wouldn’t say it’s unpleasant but it’s not particularly nice either and certainly not lime. If I had put this on in a blind test I would never have guessed it was a lime shaving cream. I’ll no doubt use it up because it works well and I can’t be bothered selling it, but the scent of most other lime creams I’ve used so far beat this one.

Reactions: ATG
I find the new TOBS Lime Zest to have a stronger fragrance than the Lemon and Lime. Agree that Bart's Lime Balm is a great way to finish off the shave.

Back
Top Bottom