Lime Cream Fans Unite

Edwin Jagger Pomegranates & Lime:
Tried a sample of this. Can't detect any lime in this scent. Just a very subtle orange smell. Not unpleasant but nothing special either. Lathered up & performed well enough but not one I would buy. Next!

Trumpers Limes cream:
Got myself a tube of this. One shave in, its a more subtle lime scent and I think more natural than T&H WIL. It's a nice smell but I think it was overpowered a little by the Proraso M&E preshave I used, so I'll have to try it without that too. It performed well also, I think I'm gonna like this one. May try the Limes skin food as well

Trumpers Limes cream:
Got myself a tube of this. One shave in, its a more subtle lime scent and I think more natural than T&H WIL. It's a nice smell but I think it was overpowered a little by the Proraso M&E preshave I used, so I'll have to try it without that too. It performed well also, I think I'm gonna like this one. May try the Limes skin food as well

It's my favourite Limes cream too , Dave
Trumpers seems expensive at around £17 for a 200ml tub, but they're very good creams.
Their soaps on the other hand are absolute junk - you would wear a brush down trying to get a usable lather from them

Loving the Trumpers Lime but boy was the tube itself absolutely crap. I had around half a dozen shaves out of it, then one day I squeezed it, it made a farting noise and nothing came out. It was like the tube was half empty. I had a couple more shaves then decanted the puny amount that was left into a sample pot which should give me 2 more shaves. £10 for about 12 shaves? Rubbish.

Also as I rolled up the metal tube then squashed it to get the last bit out, it was splitting and I only just avoided slicing my finger on it. Don't get that with the T&H plastic tubes. Anyway, it was just a trial to see if I liked it. So a large tub will be on the cards and should last a good few months!

Trumpers recently sent me samples of the Lime Cream and Lime Skin Food. Both perforned fine but the scent seemed a little weak, maybe I just expected too much. I'm at their shop in a few weeks so may just buy a tub anyway.

Big lime shaving cream fan here. Other fans, please speak up and share your lime faves. I honestly think I could use lime creams for the rest of my life.

These are the ones I've tried so far:

Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes
Castle Forbes Lime
Gentlemans Face Care Club Caribbean Lime

Of these, CF is very good but I'm not certain it warrants the price (seems to be at least £5 more than everything else). T&H is very good, smells great, is cheaper than CF, and I love the bowl shape, (it fits right into my shaving bowl for storage perfectly). GFCC lime scent is so subtle its barely there at all, so I won't bother with that again. Interested in opinions of which others lime fans enjoy. This list is probably not exhaustive but these are some I've found mention of online. Chances are there're not all available easily in the UK anyway but just trying to narrow down my choice of which lime cream or two to try next. Thoughts on the following (and any I've missed) please:

GF Trumper extract of lime
TOBS - lemon & lime
Crabtree & Evelyn west indian lime
Edwin Jagger pomegranates & lime
Piccadilly lime
Executive Shaving citrus kiss
Vulfix Sicilian lime
Kiss My Face key lime
Simpsons citrus burst
Queen Charlotte (QCS) key lime
Cyril Salter lime
Captains Choice lime
Mystic Water lime
Razorock King of the castle lime oil

Thanks.
Don't dismiss Executive Shaving. there own brand is wonderful

My Simpson's and Cyril Salter Limes have arrived, I also ordered a Sublime Citrus. I have a few Lime creams already including Castle Forbes. I have the Gentlemans Face Care Club Caribbean Lime, but it's so mild it could be unscented.

20200622_084311.jpg

With just a couple of shaves left in my Trumper's Limes tub, I thought I'd tick another one off the list to try. Well, it wasn't even on the list originally, but new since I started the topic: TOBS Lime Zest. Looking forward to trying it. I would use Trumpers Limes again for sure though. Trying to go through a few different ones but don't like having a ton of stuff on the go at once. May try Executive Shaving Citrus Kiss after this. In a few months, that is. Tubs last me around 6 months so I'll only be trying 2 a year unless I really dislike one of them

Back
Top Bottom