IMG_20200803_192803-01.jpeg

Razor: Schick Type L
Blade: NOS Schick (4)
Brush: AP Shave 24mm SynBad
Soap: Saponificio Bignoli AdM
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: Floïd Suave
ASB: Creightons

This is one of the strangest soaps in terms of consistency. It looks like a cream and it nearly is but it just about retains enough rigidity to classify as a croap. It's blood good stuff though. A real nice light clean citrus smell. James described it as a refreshing fruit salad and he's hit the nail on the head. Not a tinned Del Monte smell but one you could imagine eating fresh on the Amalfi coast. Excellent lather.

I've worked my way through my badgers and it's time to use my synthetics. First use of the AP Shave SynBad 24mm and it's excellent. The Schick also continues to be a delight to shave with.

1. I'd really like to know more about the TOBS Grapefruit - anyone else rate this highly? (My only current TOBS is Royal Forest)
You'll not be disappointed with the Grapefruit if you buy it. As with all the TOBs tubs, it'll last a long time as well. Lovely clean scent that is a good mirror to the real thing.
I agree, the Grapefruit is great.

I rate TOBS cream above the other London creams. The grapefruit smell like grapefruit and performs just like the rest of the range (that I've tried). A summer scent. I only ever used one tub as it felt weird smelling grapefruit while not eating one.

I only ever used one tub as it felt weird smelling grapefruit while not eating one.
Grapefruit is something I miss...I'm not supposed to eat it or drink the juice because it can actually increase the level of certain medications in the blood. In my case it's statins and blood pressure meds. I guess shaving with the stuff maybe a way of enjoying the scent without the downside...as long as it doesn't make me develop a craving:oops:

I'm a huge fan of citrus smells and over the years I tried to test everything related on the market. This is my latest discovery ... and immediately climbed to the top where only a few stand. To my nose: 80% grapefruit, rest is mix of lemon, lime, tangerine ...

Ethos.JPG

Big tub - 7.0 oz., nice package (similar to MdC), consistency is closer to a cream. Performance is also a top notch. Couldn't be more happy!

I've finished testing all of my new TOBS creams now including Grapefruit. It had a really good zingy scent and certainly one of the better creams for the current UK hot weather. All TOBS creams perform superbly and I certainly don't think some of the other 'traditionally-styled' creams justify their higher prices. They're comparable (I've tried many) but not 'better'.

Back
Top Bottom