LiJun & 1980 finest badger brush

This is my new Li Jun & 1980 finest badger shaving brush.After my bad experience with the Frank Shaving brush (best badger) I decided to give another try for a 100% chinese made brush (like Rooney?.....)

-Knot:21mm
-Loft:51mm
-Handle Height:54mm
-Total Height:10.5cm

P1140315.jpg

The handle its quiet heavy and sturdy,much better than the Frank Shaving one that I have.Its looks like a Plisson handle:

P1140318.jpg

The hair its not as good as the one used by New Forest (2201) or even the new Semogue finest badger,however its a good quality hair and it seems that its not black badger with bleached tips.

P1140319.jpg

It has a good hair density and to make lather with it its really easy:I have tried with soaps and creams with excellent results.

P1140316.jpg

Is this brush better made than the european ones?Well,NO but its a decent,nice,well made and cheap brush and if you are on a tight budget,could be a great option.

P1140317.jpg

I need to try it more,but so far Im happy with it and for its price,10 euros with shipping,its well worth it.

Just thought I'd add to this, I emailed the seller with a few questions.
They make the brushes themselves and as such are happy to alter knot sizes, grades of hair and loft for any of their handles.

I like the one below but wanted a shorter loft;
Item number: 320605628648

Ids said:
Just thought I'd add to this, I emailed the seller with a few questions.
They make the brushes themselves and as such are happy to alter knot sizes, grades of hair and loft for any of their handles.

I like the one below but wanted a shorter loft;
Item number: 320605628648
So,could they made a 50mm silvertip brush?

Ids said:
On the item I put above I asked could the loft be shorter, they suggested dropping it to 50mm
Perfect,good news,since I wanted a silvertip from Li Jun but I found that 55mm loft its too tall for what I like (facelathering and hard soaps)
Thanks for the info,and BTW,this finest badger is a great,cheap,well made brush:I have tried it 4 days on a row and I was really impress.The hair its a little bit more scratchy than the NF 2201,for example,but provides a great exfoliation massage without being to harsh on the skin,like some types of pure and black badger.
For 15 bucks its a wonderful brush.

Think I'm going to give it a bash, works out at about £20 for the silver tip, think it would be better if they dropped the 1980. Hope I don't sound like a certain one.

Back
Top Bottom