Lidl shaving brush

I bought one, not that I need one or intend to use it in the short term but there may come a time when a younger relative comes along and wants to learn wet shaving and I can set them up with this brush, a black Wilkie, pack of blades and a dish of soap, his starter for ten.

All for less than the price of a pack of Mach 3 blades and better for the planet.

I had a squirt of their after shave cologne tester when I was there, attractive smell and I can still smell it 10 hours later, I forget the price, around £5.

Yeah they do a few, which are mostly 'tributes', although I have never quite worked out which ones are homages to which originals, except X-Bolt which is said to be like Boss Bottled. I got some for those days when you want a cheaper option to your fav, but I'm not that keen, it's a very strong scent, so good value for money in a sense but the kind of scent I've relegated to before martial arts, on the basis I'm going to shower again in 2h! The others might be better, but they didn't have testers and I'm not the sort to go opening wrappers to sniff a retail bottle.

Another Lidl bargain was Cien Hydroage moisturiser for men. It almost never stings even right after (most) shaves, is absorbed well and works. I have changed to bio oil now which is better on all counts but more expensive. The Cien stuff is good though if you don't want oil.

Yeah they do a few, which are mostly 'tributes', although I have never quite worked out which ones are homages to which originals, except X-Bolt which is said to be like Boss Bottled. I got some for those days when you want a cheaper option to your fav, but I'm not that keen, it's a very strong scent, so good value for money in a sense but the kind of scent I've relegated to before martial arts, on the basis I'm going to shower again in 2h! The others might be better, but they didn't have testers and I'm not the sort to go opening wrappers to sniff a retail bottle.

Another Lidl bargain was Cien Hydroage moisturiser for men. It almost never stings even right after (most) shaves, is absorbed well and works. I have changed to bio oil now which is better on all counts but more expensive. The Cien stuff is good though if you don't want oil.

I bought a few pots of their regular moisturiser with Q10, £1.49 for 50ml, it is the night cream so quite thick, I mix it with a little regular moisturiser such as baby lotion. Great after a shave. I bought some of Hydroage too but havent tried it yet, bathroom cupboard is groaning at the seams.

Yea I got four of them, all knock offs including x bolt like you say boss knock off and can't remember the lidl names exactly off the top of my head but it's dior sauvage, one million paco rabbane

I bought a few pots of their regular moisturiser with Q10, £1.49 for 50ml, it is the night cream so quite thick, I mix it with a little regular moisturiser such as baby lotion. Great after a shave. I bought some of Hydroage too but havent tried it yet, bathroom cupboard is groaning at the seams.
Yea the day and night creams are great, I got two different types finished 2x day creams and 1x night cream, got one night cream left, they cost more then the Q10 ones but haven't seen them in lidl again, think they were like £3.00 but got similar ingredients to CeraVe

Yea the day and night creams are great, I got two different types finished 2x day creams and 1x night cream, got one night cream left, they cost more then the Q10 ones but haven't seen them in lidl again, think they were like £3.00 but got similar ingredients to CeraVe
CeraVe doesn't have a feminine fragrance...

I've seen the Lidl brush. It's tiny and doesn't feel very nice. (n)
For twice the price you can get a Yaqi Sagrada Familia brush incl. shipping (half price right now). Now that's a proper brush. (y)
The Lidl X-Bolt is a decent toilet air freshener though. (y)

For twice the price you can get a Yaqi Sagrada Familia brush incl. shipping (half price right now). Now that's a proper brush. (y)

The word tiny is a bit strong, all depends on what you are used to I suppose. The length is 100mm which is thesame as these three other brushes. I accept that the girth is less than the Yaqi which also looks better, at the end of the day it is a cheap brush.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Absolutely, segrada is a brilliant brush for the money

The word tiny is a bit strong, all depends on what you are used to I suppose. The length is 100mm which is thesame as these three other brushes. I accept that the girth is less than the Yaqi which also looks better, at the end of the day it is a cheap brush.

View attachment 89589
Which brand is the brush in the bottom right corner?

Back
Top Bottom