Letting your sons in your shave den to watch?

:angel: this morning I shaved with a 1955 giellette super speed with a fether blade and razor rock cream. How ever I diced with death by letting my two sons in to watch. All went very well, two very keen to start shaving victims-:)

Little mark is 5 and James is 9 you know what kids are like! Dad what are you doing in the bath room? What's that? Why do you need to do that every day? That shaving cream smells nice wat is it? The list goes on and on and on. so one day they will be shaving so get them interested in wet shaving the best way with a vintage DE razor and shave proper . It makes me giggle my dad never taught me to shave at all because he was bad at it untill I started to wet shave I brought him a quality DE safty razor and now in his 60s he gets a good shave ain't it soposed to be him teaching me and not the other way?

Keep an eye on the little guys...when our Daughter was five or so, she used to stand and watch me shave....Then one day we caught her all covered in foam....face, arms, legs.... "shaving the soap off "... fortunately she was using the plastic cap from a binned aerosol can..

Excellent, glad you all enjoyed the experience, my 14 year old son wanted to watch me last week as "I'll have to start shaving soon Dad" so all was going well until I took a lump out of my chin whilst explaining to him that you have to be careful on this bit! (oh the irony) Anyway I think I have put him off DE shaving for life lol, although he was right the sink did look like someone had been killed in it!

GOLDCREST said:
Keep an eye on the little guys...when our Daughter was five or so, she used to stand and watch me shave....Then one day we caught her all covered in foam....face, arms, legs.... "shaving the soap off "... fortunately she was using the plastic cap from a binned aerosol can..

Thanks 4 that, my razor collection is kept in my bedroom hidden away with the blades my main concern is that thay both want my 24 crat gold plated tec I think thay may push me down the stairs arr bless.

lesed said:
Excellent, glad you all enjoyed the experience, my 14 year old son wanted to watch me last week as "I'll have to start shaving soon Dad" so all was going well until I took a lump out of my chin whilst explaining to him that you have to be careful on this bit! (oh the irony) Anyway I think I have put him off DE shaving for life lol, although he was right the sink did look like someone had been killed in it!

That's grim, but on the plus side at least he knows what's cumming his way you could save yourself by telling him if that was a multi bladed cartrage razor that would be even worse than that:icon_rolleyes: well that's what I tell them any way he he.

just spent a very special hour teaching my 15 year old lad how to shave his bum fluff moustache .. he didn't really needed it but it was a special father/son moment which is rare when they get to 15

Congrats to you both, your son is only a few more steps to becoming a man . I hope all went well and he probably felt it was a bit weird at first but hopfully enjoyd it.At least he's got a good start us old hands must seem like jedi masters compared to them good luck to him :)

Don't want to sound like a liberal dad... But my daughter's just turned 11 and she's been shaving the back of my neck for at least the last 3yrs. Given it's only the DE and SE but she does a good job.

It's funny you said that I let my 9 year old son cut some of my hair with the hair clippers this evening surprisingly he jumped to the chance didn't do a bad job he didn't cut enough hair off my head so finished the job my self. Don't think I will let him shave my neck thoe ,girls tend to be more mature then boys and more carefull.whats good about your daughter is that she allredy has acquired an important life skill so when she starts shaving she allredy knows how to use a razor, the hardest part will be muscle memory but I think if she shaves your neck that well I don't think she will struggle at all doing herself:)

Shaving your self is a life skill never to young to start learning ,my daughter is 2 and was convinced she was going to shave her face! so a visit to you tube showed her the way.face er no you are a girl you shave your legs and arm pits "WHAT" she went WHY? Well when girls shave you will are more femine. I think she's got the plot. Thinking that's a job for the wife I have 2 boys to teach and one of them has A.D.H.D. Am I going to have fun? You bet ;-)

Back
Top Bottom