Let's talk two blades only

On week days i deploy a cart probably every other day.

Thing is I retired anything that has more than two blades due to how my facial skin goes on ingrown party the next day [emoji29]

In the UK I could only find twin blade carts that either use the fixed head design ala K2 or the Contour/Atra design.

Handles are a different story, managed to put my hand on a Brazilian made NOS Contour but the only other handle I can find is strangely from Lidl.

So currently in my collection I have a pack of 10 blades from Superdrug at £2.55, a handle from Lidl with 20 carts for £3 and some original Contour plus i got on the cheap from Amazon (the price in Boots for these is more than I am willing to pay.

Now, the thing is that from these carts I find the Superdrug to be far better for sharpness and smoothness way better than Gillette's own.

The Lidl stuff is very good too but tad duller than Superdrug.

I think the twin blade system is a something which is on the brink of extinction in the UK so I might hoard a bit more before its too late.

I bought the £2 Vector from China but it's as light as a disposable imho so it was retired too.

Last edited:
If you look carefully at the cartridges, they may well be made to work with both the fixed head Trac II (slide in from the side) and the pivot head Contour/Atra (click in).

If I didn't enjoy the Gillette Guard so much, I'd use my Trac II more often ... in fact, why not? Tonight's shave.

Favourite cartridge is the Feather FII Neo - they're expensive, but they are good and go on for 10+ shaves easily!

I dispose of my Trac ll sometimes in the late 80's when a new shiny Sensor made its way into my heard so I can't test the cart duality, however I might just pop to eBay tonight and see if I can get one sent over from the sub continent [emoji120]

Broke one of my R89's (threaded section came away) while away at work and so a pack of Gillette Sensor II disposables was the only quick replacement to hand.

Surprise surprise, with a decent cream and proper preparation a really good close shave. No intention to turn my back on DE's but nice to know there is a cheap alternative if needs must